Bronco damaged - Legal advice maybe?

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Hello fellow SVTP'ers.

Had my 1972 Ford Bronco transported, and the towing company screwed up. It has 35" tires, and it was on the back of the truck, it popped out of the holder-thing and fell down a bit. Banged up the rear of the truck right next to the bumper. The company has already admitted fault, they offered to have it fixed at their shop. I'm not too sure I want to go that route. Maybe, if I can find out a little about the shop, but my first instinct is to get it fixed elsewhere on my terms.

Here's the problem and where I think I may have screwed myself...

I didn't get any paperwork or documentation at all. They gave me the tow for free, so I don't even have a receipt. I was in the middle of moving and it was already a shitty day, so I had to run off and get other stuff done and didn't even think about getting anything. I may have phone records that I could get if necessary.

They're not being pissy about it, but I'm wondering if I try to get it done elsewhere, they might deny everything. I have two (maybe more) witnesses that could help out if necessary, but nothing in writing.

Again, so far they've been fine, but I'm not sure what I should do or prepare for just in case.:shrug:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
Hello fellow SVTP'ers.

Had my 1972 Ford Bronco transported, and the towing company screwed up. It has 35" tires, and it was on the back of the truck, it popped out of the holder-thing and fell down a bit. Banged up the rear of the truck right next to the bumper. The company has already admitted fault, they offered to have it fixed at their shop. I'm not too sure I want to go that route. Maybe, if I can find out a little about the shop, but my first instinct is to get it fixed elsewhere on my terms.

Here's the problem and where I think I may have screwed myself...

I didn't get any paperwork or documentation at all. They gave me the tow for free, so I don't even have a receipt. I was in the middle of moving and it was already a shitty day, so I had to run off and get other stuff done and didn't even think about getting anything. I may have phone records that I could get if necessary.

They're not being pissy about it, but I'm wondering if I try to get it done elsewhere, they might deny everything. I have two (maybe more) witnesses that could help out if necessary, but nothing in writing.

Again, so far they've been fine, but I'm not sure what I should do or prepare for just in case.:shrug:

Since they seem to be cool about the situation, I dont think it would hurt to ask if you can get it repaired at a location of your choice, the worst they can do is say no, and the worst you can do is sue their ass :shrug:

I hope everything turns out ok, broncos are sweet trucks!

lizardbreath

Banned
Don't worry about it till after they have fixed your car. Then if it is not to your satisfaction work from there.

Edit: By making the verbal agreement they entered into a contract that they would assume all responsibility for towing your vehicle and this can be held against them in a court of law. I believe the towing company knows this and is just saving themselves the trouble and fixing it for you. Just take it for what it is, an accident.

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
lizardbreath said:
Don't worry about it till after they have fixed your car. Then if it is not to your satisfaction work from there.

Edit: By making the verbal agreement they entered into a contract that they would assume all responsibility for towing your vehicle and this can be held against them in a court of law. I believe the towing company knows this and is just saving themselves the trouble and fixing it for you. Just take it for what it is, an accident.

It'll probably be fine, I'm just covering my ass I suppose. I put a lot of sweat and tears into that car and it hurts a bit to see it damaged.

Ford_Racer: It's a 351 Cleveland.

Users who are viewing this thread