Another part from Midcontinent Mustangs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCBeau

LOL Yea my hand me a boxcutter at work, nicked a blood vessel and all that goodness. Can't do shit for 3 days, no work for 10 days, just bad luck I guess.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Yeeeeoouucccch! Damn that sucks and sounds painful too!

I got to thinking Vortech might have used 1/2 NPT for the fill plug. If thats the case the brass adapter that came with the Autometer temp guage would work to install the adapter. Probably not but it'd be worth checking into.

My offer stands to refund your money and include payment to ship the fitting back to me.

Anthony

UCBeau

Hmm I'll investigate that more. Originally when I asked my shop about doing this from that location, they said the actual sensor would stick up too far and contact the hood.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
From looking at the pic you posted, if that BOV doesnt contact the underside of the hood then there's no way a 3/4" tall temp sender will hit.

wallie40

Established Member
Does the sending unit fit past the adapter? Does it cause the sending unit to poke a hole in the blanket cover?

-pAul

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
The sending unit threads into the adapter, the sending unit doesn't sit high enough to touch the hood blanket. I verified this on my car. The hood blanket has no signs of contact on it, but I went one step further and also took a peice of tape and very carefully placed it sticky side up on the top of the temp sender/adapter fitting, I closed the hood and reopened it, the tape was still sitting on the fitting if it had come into contact with the hood the tape would have been stuck to the hood blanket. Not very scientific but it worked.

Anthony
Midcontinent Mustangs
(785)658-5921

geoffav

Undocumented Member
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
The sending unit threads into the adapter, the sending unit doesn't sit high enough to touch the hood blanket. I verified this on my car. The hood blanket has no signs of contact on it, but I went one step further and also took a peice of tape and very carefully placed it sticky side up on the top of the temp sender/adapter fitting, I closed the hood and reopened it, the tape was still sitting on the fitting if it had come into contact with the hood the tape would have been stuck to the hood blanket. Not very scientific but it worked.

Anthony
Midcontinent Mustangs
(785)658-5921

Anthony, I need an adapter. Do you take PayPal? Do you have a site or do I need to just call?

I need it for a Mach1 and it looks like a few others are interested, you may want to post info in the thread below on the Mach1 Registry. Thanks, Geoff. :coolman:

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?p=755965#post755965

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Thanks for the link Geoff. Im registered over on M1R now and will post with contact info, prices, and ordering info.

Thank you,
Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

geoffav

Undocumented Member
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Thanks for the link Geoff. Im registered over on M1R now and will post with contact info, prices, and ordering info.

Thank you,
Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

Great see you on the Reg. :beer:

Nolacobra

Deep souf giggle
Established Member
need'em

Hey man im looking for your part, if you could please pm me i have a question or 2 then im ready to buy .

THanks jamie

Angus

Established Member
Do you have these in stock currently?

If so, what's the cost shipped?

Lastly, what are they made of?

Stainless Steel? Zinc-Coated Steel?

Last edited by a moderator:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Angus66 said:
Do you have these in stock currently?

If so, what's the cost shipped?

Lastly, what are they made of?

Stainless Steel? Zinc-Coated Steel?

I have just started another batch, several of them are spoken for and will be the first to be shipped. $25 shipped.

They start out as Zinc-coated steel, but after drilling and tapping them, I give them a nicer brushed look. Then to finish them off I clearcoat the adapter for corrosion resistance and good looks.

Thank you,
Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread