6 new Mules..

chuckstang

Established Member
I honestly doubt those vents will be the same as that on the production car, I mean they look like 5$ pieces from an evo!

putawaywet

Established Member
As much as it pains me to say this.... I'm afraid those vents are more than likely here to stay. Otherwise, I doubt they would be showing up on multiple cars.

Trublu01

Established Member
It seems every mule right now has those hoods. I'm guessing thats the one that will be on the final production car. I read somewhere that air flows better with that hood. I guess we'll see in the near future. I'll take mine solid black!

jshen

Established Member
Hood Vents

Hell as long as they flow...and that was their idea with that design..I'm ok with it. It's the fake crap I don't like...functional? -ok A lot of people have modded their o3-04 Cobra hood blanket and vents for extra flow...maybe this does the job without having to do that. I do remember the early posts about the 5.4 gets pretty hot and why the moved the front snake to the side of the grill...

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
The snake being on the side of the grill seems to me to be more of a nostalgia thing than anything else. Either way I am starting to become happier with this car.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Trublu01 said:
It seems every mule right now has those hoods. I'm guessing thats the one that will be on the final production car. I read somewhere that air flows better with that hood. I guess we'll see in the near future. I'll take mine solid black!

I heard that this hood has good airflow in "all the right places", so I think it's here to stay. I am liking these newer mules better, though...

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Whatever the reason, I still don't like the latest hood. There are so many other options that Ford could produce that would be functional and not look so tacked on. The vents just don't fit into the overall design theme of the car. :shrug: Just my $.02.

GTWill

Established Member
Look on the bright side these cheep plastic vents probably break easy so all you have to do is just snap in an another one. I wonder if they are going to rattle.

chuckstang

Established Member
that is there is another one available. and its the raised thing that just looks odd. should have vents the way the old 68gt500 kr had i believe

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
chuckstang said:
that is there is another one available. and its the raised thing that just looks odd. should have vents the way the old 68gt500 kr had i believe

I honestly think that would be the coolest possible hood they could do for that car.
68shelbyGT500KR.jpg

Or maybe the a mix between that hood and the 67 hood like the one here,
painted_hood1.jpg

Seen on this car.
http://eleanor.pro3i.com/showthread.php?t=536634&page=1&pp=25

chuckstang

Established Member
SVT since 98 has used reverse hood scoops which seem to be a trademark now for them and I kind of like it but this new shelby strays from that and for the worse. Those 2 hoods look great, but it could be worse, they could have just plopped a non functional hood scoop on top just like the pre 05 gt's.

Bean Bandit

Hurst Shifted Maniac
Established Member
If they used the '68 design, it would probably be the best thing for the car. It has vents that could be used for heat extraction (SVT's trademark), and the traditional Shelby induction scoops up front. However, I think the front scoops would be better utilized if they brought in fresh air to help drive out the hot air istead of going into the engine itself. The front air dam already brings in more than enough cool air as it is, so any more brought in from the hood would actually be a detriment to performance.

But, if they were cleverly ducted, the front scoops could, theoretically, be used to push out the heat that may not dissapate by itself, and actually help in the long run. Plus, it'd have the nice side effect of further linking this car to it's 60s heritage, as well as keeping both the SVT fans and the Shelby people happy by using both of the two entities trademarks in a functional (and possibly cheaper) design.

I can only hope that someone within SVT has had the same epiphany and may be working on it as we speak. That would rock so hard.

chuckstang

Established Member
Ok I think I have found the perfect replacment hood for whatever crap ford gives us. It is on the cover of 50 mag and it is the 3D Carbon 05 mustang...the hood looks very similar to the concept car and the 03/04 design.
It looks perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread