4.6 2V Eaton Kit needed

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
I also put this up in The Pub but thought there might be some guys here with specific knowledge of what I'm searching for.

I have a mate who purchased a slightly broken (bent valve) 2V 4.6. He's going to put it in his hotrod but wants to give it a bit more go go.

I know I've seen instals of Eatons from 03 Cobras on 2V motors so I need to know who does the conversion kit for this.

Before anyone gives advice of porting or putting KB's or Whipples on he's not interested. He's seen the Eaton on my Cobra and wants that. It's not a huge HP rod, just something with a bit more poke than normal.

As the motor has a bent valve, he's gonna do a full strip down / rebuild so he'll be after lower comp pistons, and anything else that would benefit the motor with the Eaton.

He also wants a full shop manual on the motor but I'm guessing Steve (FordSVTparts) can sort me out with that.

Any info would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks,
Oz

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
As I said, he already has the 4.6 but thanks for the link to the manual - I'll check it out.

Anyone else know where I can get a kit if one exists??

Oz

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
He will probably spend a bit more to do an Eaton conversion than he would putting a KB on it. But, maybe someone has a better way of doing it that I am unaware of at this moment.

-Jeff

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
He will probably spend a bit more to do an Eaton conversion than he would putting a KB on it. But, maybe someone has a better way of doing it that I am unaware of at this moment.

-Jeff

nope. The full kit from torktech using the 03 cobra supercharger would be 2000$ plus the cobra supercharger and all the parts that are on a cobra. Your looking at about 3000 total.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
What all do you have to find that is not included in that kit?

Users who are viewing this thread