11.013 @ 126.51 today at MIR...

Almo

Established Member
CHINI said:
How did you dyno 440rwhp with no pulley? nm 24* and long tubes makes sense.. Why dont you port it and pulley it? I would like to see some interior pics of this car! Sounds pretty amazing

Mike,

Air kit and a 3 inch mid/catback dump off long tubes did the trick. Plus, I have a live axle and a sra will give you less drivetrain loss through a solid than an IRS.

About the port and pulley... I am trying my best to be patient and grab a 10.90 run before finally upping the stock boost. Plus, I was trying to break a non-sanctioned event record among the 03/04 Cobra community so in doing so, I wasn't able to change very much. The gentleman I grabbed the record from had a TB and ported plenum... I still do not have these. We wanted to do what we did without cracking anything on the engine, just adding a filter.

Either way, I am now going to do a TB and a ported plenum and see if I can get a 10.90 out of it before we start doing pulley's and port and stuff.

There is a list at post # 95.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352810&page=4&highlight=fastest+eaton

Cheers,
Allen

joemayo

Established Member
So..
Solid axle
Kmember
15" welds
No sound deadening
Hood
No passenger or seat delete kit
And 3000lbs?

Didn't think it was possible without the stuff you said you kept in the car like radio,door bars,moldings... Figure it would be around 3200 without you in it

BTW not hating

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Egads! 2,990 lbs. without the driver? Almo, PLEASE share your weight savings secrets. A lot of guys would love to know them. Congrats on the time slips. Absolutely awesome!

Almo

Established Member
joemayo

I never said I kept the door bars not to mention I never said exactly what we have done to take all the weight out of the car. By the way, it wasn't 3000 pounds to answer your question, it is sitting right at 2990 and that is with a 1/4 tank of gas.

You act like I am claiming something and stating my claims as you have mentioned above. Again, I have never listed all my weight reduction mods so please don't make it look like I am saying my car is weighing in what it does with the simple things you mentioned above. I never stated such a thing!

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
There are a lot of things you can do... I wouldn't call them secrets for sure. I have had a couple GTs and this is my second 03/04 Cobra. You can sit and pick what is heavy on the car, what you can change out, and what you can just strip from it.

Below are a few things more things I have done up beyond the basics things you can do.

* Supports in the doors
* Front insulation pulled
* Foam and glue scrapped behind all the moldings including the crap behind the door panels pulled
* Alum bumper supports
* Drivers side seat belt along with both back seat belts are taken out
* Passenger side seat was out
* Still have the stock H/E holding less fluids
* Rear speakers, amp, and amp rack pulled

And I am sure I am missing a few other things I removed and or taken off the car to run it at the track.

Last edited:

snake134

wow....lets see someone go into the 10s on the stock blower :banana:

not to thread hijack, but is my sig to big?

Last edited:

joemayo

Established Member
Sorry if I came off as a dick almo.. I'm just another cobra owner that would like to know how to get some weight off the car. My car already has SRA and Corbeau's so I'm gathering more info..

Almo

Established Member
joemayo said:
Sorry if I came off as a dick almo.. I'm just another cobra owner that would like to know how to get some weight off the car. My car already has SRA and Corbeau's so I'm gathering more info..

Ok, sorry if I came off a little blunt, as stated prior, I am standing by to get a threadfull, that being said... knowing a few might do this and I have a self-defensive type stance on my replies. Again, sorry if I cam off a little wrong but I am sure you would understand.

I am not one that cares to hold anything back from someong, all about helping whoever out so I'll get a complete list up tonight for you and anyone else that might want to know. :beer:

Cheers,
Allen

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
Almo said:
Ok, sorry if I came off a little blunt, as stated prior, I am standing by to get a threadfull, that being said... knowing a few might do this and I have a self-defensive type stance on my replies. Again, sorry if I cam off a little wrong but I am sure you would understand.

I am not one that cares to hold anything back from someong, all about helping whoever out so I'll get a complete list up tonight for you and anyone else that might want to know. :beer:

Cheers,
Allen

You didn't come off short to me moose...

Almo

Established Member
Here is a picture of my passes.

11013.jpg

Drewzilla

Established Member
haha when I read this post I just started laughing because it's insane that you went that fast with stock pulleys and unported blower. That's just awesome. If you get into the 10's with this setup, are you going to mod the car further? Im sure if you threw a nice upper/lower combo with a ported blower the car would be an insane beast.

Almo

Established Member
I actually laugh to... I did the most laughing the first time out when I ran a 11.32... I was shaken my head and told myself over and over... no one is going to believe this crap. :D

Oh well, it's light and it gets down the track great.

Plans are to get into the 10s on stock boost. We have drilled down to adding some better springs a roll bar and then trying to grab a 10.99 or better. Afterwards, I might go with an upper only to see what it will run... then do a upper and lower combo followed by a ported Eaton. Quite a few records set by other Cobra owners in the past and I think I might be able to grab a few going through the different combos. :beer:

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
My next track outing will be at the June 7th and 8th Pinks all out race at Maryland International Raceway. Maybe I can put down a 10.90 there in front of everyone. :-D

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
This Cobra is totally legit folks.......A bunch of us have followed this buildup from the very beginning and Allen and Excessive Motorsports have built a one of a kind Terminator. I got a chance to check it out last weekend at a car show we both went to and it is extremely well done and for as light as it is, doesn't appear butchered in the least.

Yes, I believe Allen was able to get some weight out of the car that many of us don't really attempt, but I think people would be surprised how much can be saved with some of the more common methods:

Solid Rear
Rear seats, headrest, and belts
Light weight front seats
K member
Coil overs
Spare, jack, iron, and trunk board
Bumper supports
Ultra lightweight wheels and tires
Dynabat battery
Off road mid pipe

It all adds up.........Heck, the list above should be about 540 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread