11.013 @ 126.51 today at MIR...

Almo

Established Member
2003 Mustang Cobra
Stock upper and lower pulley, non ported, and no spray... live axle, k-member, long tubes w/3 inch mac mid/catback w/dumps... big/skinny wheel/tire and have quite a bit weight modifications.

Numbers are 440/419 SAE on 9.1 pounds of boost and 24 degrees timing.

3 passes for the day are below.

1st pass:
60'.......... 1.692
1/8.......... 7.162
MPH........ 99.83
1/4......... 11.090
MPH........ 125.71

2nd pass:
60'.......... 1.812
1/8.......... 7.345
MPH........ 99.20
1/4......... 11.294
MPH........ 125.38

3rd pass:
60'.......... 1.639
1/8.......... 7.108
MPH........ 100.31
1/4......... 11.013
MPH........ 126.51

Thought I would share here seeing how no one else has ever went this quick/fast with no stock upper or lower pulley, non ported, no spray, and live axle 03/04 Cobra. :banana:

I'll have vids, pics, and slips up sometime this afternoon.

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
That is awesome man! I would never think someone would be able to run that low of numbers with that setup. But you did say you did some weight modifications which could make a big difference. Congratulations. Hit a 10.9 now lol

cvalk1

Banned
How is it possible to get the car so light? Even with an aluminum block, tubular k-member, solid, no interior, etc. it still wouldn't shave enough..

Almo

Established Member
Well, I have done quite a bit but things like the CD player, air bags, even door panels and cab moldings stayed on for these passes. I have tried to be detailed with a lot of things, weighing and changing things out, people have laughed at me in the past but in the end and as you see, it has paid off.

The cars can be lighted to 2900 pounds with a 15 wheel/tire combo. I actually started thinking up what weighed what and was trying to get the car to 3000 pounds. A lot of effort and sweat and Chris McDuff at Excessive Motorsport in Northern Virginia helped me and we finally got the car to the weight we needed not to mention, my big thing was keeping the car stock looking great and not gutted... with both leather seats, rear seat delete kit, my three pieces of molding in the trunk and you wouldn't ever know the car weighed 2990. Not to mention, I had can either put the carpet/cardboard piece back in the trunk of leave it out and it still looks great. When I scrapped all the sound deadening out of the car, I ended up shaving and polishing the body and painting it black so I think it looks great.

Cheers,
Allen

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
How did you dyno 440rwhp with no pulley? nm 24* and long tubes makes sense.. Why dont you port it and pulley it? I would like to see some interior pics of this car! Sounds pretty amazing

Last edited:

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
Good times, your car runs about like mine. Mine has a little more power but heavier.
Do you have a list of your weight reduction mods? I have done a ton of stuff, about the only things I haven't done are pull the A/C and gut the interior and mine still weighs over 3200 lbs with 17" wheels and tires.

Almo

Established Member
Thanks gents! I am not posting to boast, just thought you guys would like to know what a light weight Cobra is capable of running. In building up to breaking a record for the quickest and fastest stock boosted Cobra (formerly 11.160 at 125.08) ... I have posted only in a couple areas and on a couple forums because as some of you know, always haters around and I didn't care trying to argue with them... lots of people have seen me run and I have everything captured on vid and stuff. Again, just thought I would toss this out to an open portion of SVT forum to let everyone know.

This time out I had the following on the car.

Engine:
K&N air kit,
Ugly Steeda idler kit/pulley (sorry Steeda but its true, change your pulley looks already)
Odyssey battery
LDC cooling mod

Blower:
Stock Eaton, no upper or lower pulley and non-ported
Stock throttle body and inlet/plenum

Fuel, Induction, and Tune:
SCT Tune on 93 in 60 degree weather made 440/419 SAE and it seen 9.1 pounds of boost and had 24 degrees timing in it…

Drivetrain/ Suspension:
MGW T-56 shifter
8.8 SRA with moser 31 splines and a torsen diff (welded tubes and tq boxes)
FRPP 3.73 gears
Antiroll bar
SPEC stage III, stock recut flywheel
26 input sline
Drive shaft loop tied into Excessive’s custom made subframes
UPR K member and A arm setup with coilovers
Steeda Sport Springs (Rear)
Aluminum upper and lower control arms with spherical bushings in the uppers

Exhaust:
MAC long tube headers
MAC 3” off road mid-pipe
MAC 3” catback dumps

Brakes:
GT calipers and rotors in the rear

Interior:
Corbeau FX1 Pro
no passenger, rear seats, and the rear seat delete kit taken out

Exterior:
2.5 Cowl Hood
Aluminum bumper supports (front and rear)

Wheels and Tires:
Weld Draglites 15X8s and 15X3.5s with MT E.T. runners and 26X10 MT slicks and also used a set of 15X8s Prostars with Hoosier 26X9 slicks

track2.jpg

engine.jpg

track.jpg

cowl.jpg

welds1.gif

welds3.gif

seat1.jpg

seat.jpg

sae.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread