2.6L KB Vette

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
This is a 403 LS2 KB Vette on the dyno at the KB shop in rancho cucamonga.

KB Vette on dyno 1 - QUICKTIME
KB Vette on dyno 1 - WMV

KB Vette on dyno 2 - QUICKTIME
KB Vette on dyno 2 - WMV

quote taken from owner
We havent broken out of the 750's yet. Actually we made 744rwhp in 106* heat and back to back runs.
We are still working on the car. Mainly just doing some testing on intake systems and belts.
Last week pulled out OVER 713rwhp on a 6 rib setup.
There is NO NEED to spend your money on an 8 rib system if you are planning to run in the low 700rwhp range. At least thats my honest "Opinion"

Remember: We are in the 750's with 13.5psi of boost. Once we turn it up to about 15.5psi we should be in/around 775 range. After we install our new 100mm T/B we will hit the 800rwhp mark with ease.
The S/C is turning right around 17,000RPM's in this video.

According to KB, this blower will run efficiently in the 23k-25k RPM range!!! :rolling:

Here is a graph of a different pull a few days later that hit close to 800/800!

prelimdyno.gif

About the dip as soon as the graph starts, here is another quote taken from the owner
There is a "slight" problem right as you stab the throttle. It goes lean right at the moment you put your foot in it. Thats why you see the slight dip at the very beginning of the run.
The engineer at Kenne Bell said it has to do with how fast it spools to full boost.
Its basically at full boost within the first 200rpm's of WOT.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Faster150 said:
a honda?:D

damn that thing has a bit of pulley slip on initial hit but sounds mean!

Read the last part of my post about that "dip"

:beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
02 Z06 said:
almost useless... on the street... but its always fun to try right :shrug:

I hope the guy owns a chain of tire stores...:poke:

That freaking torque curve is NUTZ!!! :eek:
I predict lots of broken and twisted off parts in his future...

And wildly over developed smile muscles!!!....lol:-D

Pretty damn WILD!!!:pepper: :rockon: :banana:

AMERICAN_HP

Established Member
98gt281 said:
are you guys seeing that TQ curve!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Gentleman,

I'm the guy who owns this car. Its kind of an honor to have your car being talked about on other boards.

Let me say this though. The graph that you are seeing is NOWHERE near where its at now. And I mean that literally..:-D
Kenne Bell is having some sort of press release next week so they wont let me release the final #'s. But what I will tell you is this. According to Kenne Bell, this is the highest HP they have ever seen out of one of their kits.

I'll give you a little hint........We have OVER 825rwtq at 2300rpms...:coolman:

Believe it or not, my car is very very streetable. It idles at 900rpms with little to no lope. And it drives as if its stock.
But when you get on it, it is the most violent and amazing feeling I have ever felt. It takes your breath away with how hard it hits.
But if you were to just drive it around town with the air on, you would never know you were cruising around in a 9 second car.

Jeff :rockon:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
AMERICAN_HP said:
Hey Gentleman,

I'm the guy who owns this car. Its kind of an honor to have your car being talked about on other boards.
Jeff :rockon:
Jeff,
That is an amazing car! What kind of racing do you do with her?
One of our members has a 700 hp KB 2.6 but his tune is very conservative, he is going to the Salt Flats to break the World Land speed for his class car :http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3922819#post3922819

Last edited by a moderator:

YoungJim

Established Member
Dude! That sh!t is off the hook! :rockon: It sounds rather like the APU on an F-18 starting up... probably give one a run for its money too!

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
awesome car jeff. I remember reading this over on z06vette.com. I saw just the buildup pics. Your car is amazing. I'd love to have a z like that.

Users who are viewing this thread