Attention to all: Use the freaking search function damnit

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Dear Everybody,

Our forum is getting SOOOOO clogged with the same damn crap every day. Wanna know what fuel pump to get? Search function. What are IMRC's? Search function. What rims and tires should I get? Search function. What size spacer do I need for 15" skinnies? Search function. What CAI or shifter is best? You guessed it...search function!

I don't know if ya'll know it or not, but if you would please kindly move your eyes 8 inches up and 4 inches over, you'll notice there is a little pull-down tab labeled "Search." Contrary to common belief, this tool can actually be used for good and not evil and can spare me and everybody else the time of posting in your thread when the topic has been covered over, and over, and over, and over...you get the idea. So, let's keep the tech-talk "techy" and not repetitive. And if nothing else, I think I posted just about every piece of information pertaining to stock 96-98 Cobra's in the Sticky at the top of the forum. Please tell me I am not alone in my quest for a repost-free SN95 Cobra forum.

Love,
Kyle
:pop:

duane v

Established Member
oh go sit on an egg :rollseyes ...if you dont want to answer someones tech question than dont......I dont mind answering the same questions over and over.....actually there may be new answers for the same old questions...DA snake boy!!!

BelvedereGTX

Banned
And who the hell do you think you are?
I guess maybe the site should be closed down them cause i do believe there has been an answer for everything. If you dont like it, go on another website. Ill be more than happy to answer or respond to reposts or questions.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
...and how about we get rid of those extra long sigs that have song lyrics in them!

All they do is take up space and make the long posts even longer.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Oh God, gimme a break, I was half-joking. I don't mind answering tech questions either, but honestly, there are polls damn near every day over the SAME EXACT things. We know that JLT intakes make the best power, right? We all know that the MGW shifter is regarded as "the best" by most people who have ever felt one compared to a Tri-Ax or whatever. We read it every day. Then why do the same people who have read that ask it again? This doesn't necessarily go for brand-new members. If the regular members wanna know, then they can take another look at the thread they read two days prior for God's sake. Everybody has valid questions, but there must be 20-30 of the same poll in here for "Best Shifter" or "Best Intake." Regardless of whether any of us will or want to answer these repetitive questions isn't even the biggest issue, the people who post the questions often have to sit and wait hours or days for an answer when it's right at their finger tips. This concept of using the search function helps everybody when it comes to BASIC stuff. My I just have a pet-peeve about laziness or something, I don't know. Oh, and I answer LOTS of questions in here BTW.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
na svt said:
...and how about we get rid of those extra long sigs that have song lyrics in them!

All they do is take up space and make the long posts even longer.

lol, touche nasvt. I'll remove it.

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
Hey, I was using the search function to find posts from people complaining about people not searching and came across this thread. What's the general concensus concerning people using the search function before posting?

Also - what are IMRCs, what tires should I get, what blower should I replace the Eaton with, and what causes that weird vibration in my car at 70+mph - you think that'd be covered under warranty?

Last edited:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
^^^That was the best post ever. Hey Samill, do I know you BTW? I live in Belleville. You know Sonny or Sam or Vic or Jasper?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Guys, I'm not a shit-disturber, I just never understood why people ask simple questions that they could get the answer to with the click of a mouse. Makes sense to me. I don't know, maybe practicality is one of my faults. I wasn't trying to start a fight here, just get some opinions.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
samill2 said:
Hey, I was using the search function to find posts from people complaining about people not searching and came across this thread. What's the general concensus concerning people using the search function before posting?

Also - what are IMRCs, what tires should I get, what blower should I replace the Eaton with, and what causes that weird vibration in my car at 70+mph - you think that'd be covered under warranty?
:lol:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
RippinSVT said:
Dear Everybody,

Our forum is getting SOOOOO clogged with the same damn crap every day. Wanna know what fuel pump to get? Search function. What are IMRC's? Search function. What rims and tires should I get? Search function. What size spacer do I need for 15" skinnies? Search function. What CAI or shifter is best? You guessed it...search function!

What does this have to do with SN95 Cobras? I think your the one clogging the board with crap. :poke:

Last edited:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Christ, I wasn't trying to be a dick. Funny thing is, half the people mocking me here haven't contributed anything to this forum and they're giving me shit. I'm not saying I've done a ton, but I always try to help, not to mention the whole "Common Issues" sticky. I'm just to make things easy for everybody. Perhaps my post was too sarcastic, sorry, I'm a joking kind of guy. I hit a nerve with some people I guess.

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
I like to joke alot to on here, but i think that is the difference when you talk to someone in person they can tell by your expressions that you are joking but on a forum you can't never tell, btw what exhaust do you guys think i should go with on my 96 vert?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Agreed, you can't tell how people are saying it when you read it online. I tried to make it extra sarcastic, but it didn't catch. lol. Oh, and stock exhaust is the best you can get for making power.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
But it does work freat!

Always go advanced search, enter kewords in upper left, just under that change the dropdown box to- "Thread titles only"

If that doesn't work, see the writing in my avitar.

Users who are viewing this thread