The forgotten little muscle car

ssssnake

Established Member

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I have had a slew of Mercury Cougars , 428 Cj's 429Cj's , SCjs .
From 67 to 71 .
They are a nice Muscle car , with luxury appointments.
They were 3 inches longer in the wheel base , over the Mustang, so they rode and handled better .

ssssnake

Established Member
Don't you mean Mercury Cougar?

No, I meant Mercury - my bad. I had a Cougar, but it was a later model - 1986. Travis, I had a Capri also. It was a Fox body generation and had a turbo. When we bought it, it was kind of Frankensteined and the turbo was gone. Didn't keep it long.

I have had a slew of Mercury Cougars , 428 Cj's 429Cj's , SCjs .
From 67 to 71 .
They are a nice Muscle car , with luxury appointments.
They were 3 inches longer in the wheel base , over the Mustang, so they rode and handled better .

Wow. Do you have any pics?

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
They were cool little cars. A little before my time but the more recent ones were ugly imo

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Photo from Mary's first link. I well remember the Cougars from back in the day. 1970 was my own personal favorite Cougar year. The Cougar never got the overall attention the Mustang did, and it eventually grew in size to Torino proportions (starting in 1974), and to T-Bird proportions in 1980.

$

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Those were the days my friends! My sister in law had a green 68, I thought that thing was UGLY! I would love to have it now.

ssssnake

Established Member
They were cool little cars. A little before my time but the more recent ones were ugly imo

Yes. The eighth generation Cougar was ugly. Such a shame.

First car was a hideous 88 merc cougar with red interior.

LOL What was the exterior color? My 86 was a navy blue color with a grey interior (I think). I really liked mine - power seats, moonroof.

Those were the days my friends! My sister in law had a green 68, I thought that thing was UGLY! I would love to have it now.

Yeah, it was a forest green, right? There was a guy on the street next to us that had the dark green. I would've taken it. :)

Famine

Established Member

White. V6 auto.

LOL What was the exterior color? My 86 was a navy blue color with a grey interior (I think). I really liked mine - power seats, moonroof.

Yeah, it was a forest green, right? There was a guy on the street next to us that had the dark green. I would've taken it. :)

MFE

Established Member
I remember when I was a kid, my brother had a '72 Mustang convertible with a Q-code 351C, 4-speed, dark green metallic, white top, tan interior, magnum 500 wheels. He had it parked in front of our house on a major road and a guy rolled up in its EXACT twin, in Cougar form. That was pretty badass. I wish I had a picture of them together. I always really liked the Cougars, 1st-gens especially.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member

Yes

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just had to compare a 1970 Boss 302 Eliminator Cougar to the Mustang Boss 302. You be the judge as to which of the two you folks like more. I have to say that for some reason I really love the red 1970 Eliminator 428CJ above.

1970 Cougar Boss 302 Eliminator

upload_2017-6-30_17-3-48.png

And the Boss 302 Mustang
upload_2017-6-30_17-4-18.png

ssssnake

Established Member
I have a friend that had a yellow 1970 Boss 302. I sure did like to watch it tear down the road. But I have to admit, the Cougar is meaner looking.

Users who are viewing this thread