mean srt-4 v's 04 cobra

ponyboyx04

Established Member
ok, i normaly would not post this but i was amazed with this srt-4.

i was on my way home from work when an srt-4 and some other ricer fly by me. dont think much of it, thinking a waste of gas and time. one of them exits off and i notice the srt-4 is right in front of me. This thing sounded heavily moded. so i thought i would get up beside him and give him a thumbs up cause it was a nice ride, as soo as i get to his rear bumper he nails it, so i thought what the hell and down shifted and nailed it also. I get in front of him, and i swear he stayed on my bumper all the way to 120 where i started puting car lengths on him. I was like :eek: wow!!! so i slowed down and he gets beside me and i droped to third about 65mph and i start the three honks. he hit it on the second honk so he got a small jump but not much half a car or so. the thing was we stayed side by side from 65 all the way to 120 till i started to pull on him. What the hell!!!!
I have raced a stage 3 srt-4 once before and killed it. I under stand the weight to power thing, but exactly how much power does one of those things need to pull like this.

my tune is very conservative. im puting down 526 / 460

paxton5.0

Established Member
What color was the car? I raced a red one in modesto once that was pretty damn fast, this one was red. The guy I raced had stage 3 mods and was putting down like upper 300s at the wheels.

ponyboyx04

Established Member
What color was the car? I raced a red one in modesto once that was pretty damn fast, this one was red. The guy I raced had stage 3 mods and was putting down like upper 300s at the wheels.

no it was black, and i have raced stage 3's before and had no problem. this one was pretty mean. had out of state tags think Ohio... but came off the 120 onto the 99 south towards Modesto. had to be well over 300rwhp

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
We have a local who's fixing to put down 550whp as soon as he gets the new turbo tuned. He was already running 11s so he should no doubt be in the 10s now. Not to mention, fast as hell from a roll.

He's probably putting down somewhere in the lower 400s to keep up with you like that. He weighs a lot less than you and from a roll would be that cars best kind of race.

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member
If its a black wingless and its from ohio or idaho(cant remember which) its probly the same one my brother ran in his evo. It has a 50 trim with all the supporting mods. Something like 480 to the wheels on 110 oct and 430 on 93. Car is pretty damn fast.

This the car ponyboy?

wold1.jpg

Last edited:
If its a black wingless and its from ohio or idaho(cant remember which) its probly the same one my brother ran in his evo. It has a 50 trim with all the supporting mods. Something like 480 to the wheels on 110 oct and 430 on 93. Car is pretty damn fast.

This the car ponyboy?

wold1.jpg

That's a nice looking car....but from a roll, considering the weight difference, and if it really makes 480 to the wheels then it would have easily beat the cobra with 520hp from a highway roll like they did.

I would honestly have to say for the cobra to start pulling on it as the speeds got higher that the srt was probably making closer to lower 400s

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member
Yes with him running 110 in his car im sure he would of pulled. But him on Piss poor cali 91, its a different story.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol I was gonna say it was the one your brother ran.

Brock where have you been on the weekends, we been out there lately, although I need to replace the belt on my supercharger, it seems to be slipping.

United_115

Established Member
ive driven a few and found that they only move fast in 1st, 2nd and a bit of 3rd then its just like they die off. GOod kill

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I would say the srt4 was realistically only putting out mid-to high 300 range at the wheels. If he was over 400 and at 2800 pounds you would have not pulled him on the top end. JMO.

ponyboyx04

Established Member

This the car ponyboy?

wold1.jpg

hay i think thats the one!! thing is damn fast. and we were even up to about 120 and then i started edging him. Yes im 526/460, but those numbers are on a mustang dyno. would dyno out around 560/500 or so on a dynojet. dont know but props to the guy his ride was fast.

ponyboyx04

Established Member
Lol I was gonna say it was the one your brother ran.

Brock where have you been on the weekends, we been out there lately, although I need to replace the belt on my supercharger, it seems to be slipping.

havnt been out much lately. getting ready to go to SC next month for school. when i get back getting the fuel system upgraded upping the octane and putting that Vette to sleep...lol. :burnout:. atleast thats my objective

ive driven a few and found that they only move fast in 1st, 2nd and a bit of 3rd then its just like they die off. GOod kill

:??:

Then you ran one that was closer to stock with the stock turbo or the guy started letting out.....the srts best race is a higher speed roll since it pulls nicely up top...

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
That is the best looking skittle I've seen to this day. Glad you beat him even if it was not by much... I kinda fear these in the future. They are so small and light! I have yet to run into one around here that can beat me and I only have mild mods.

ponyboyx04

Established Member
That is the best looking skittle I've seen to this day. Glad you beat him even if it was not by much... I kinda fear these in the future. They are so small and light! I have yet to run into one around here that can beat me and I only have mild mods.

well mild mods wont be enough for this beast trust me...

Quik Z06

Established Member
havnt been out much lately. getting ready to go to SC next month for school. when i get back getting the fuel system upgraded upping the octane and putting that Vette to sleep...lol. :burnout:. atleast thats my objective

Lol I might not even have the Vette by then, I'll have a new surprise for you :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread