I’m not worried about turbo lag

black pearl 5976

Would mid or rear twin turbo mounts with long tube headers (a turbo at the ends of each header with a straight pipe leading out the back and side or the turbos more towards the back with a full length of pipes way back there, my first thought is of the first idea. I’ve a 1997 svt cobra still got the factory manifolds lmfao still under 72,000 miles

Adower

Established Member
Would mid or rear twin turbo mounts with long tube headers (a turbo at the ends of each header with a straight pipe leading out the back and side or the turbos more towards the back with a full length of pipes way back there, my first thought is of the first idea. I’ve a 1997 svt cobra still got the factory manifolds lmfao still under 72,000 miles
These cars have been out over 20 years. Don’t try to recreate the wheel.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
He's basically talking about doing low mounted turbo setup like the S550's can do.. It'll be a totally custom kit that's for sure. Will it work? Yes.. I say if you got the money to burn and you wanna try something new go for it

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Plenty of newer Turbo kits are mounted underneath. Main issues are clearance from speed bumps etc.... and water and other shit getting caught up in the filter but who drives a Turbo Mustang in the rain lol..... No one that I know of.

I dont see a huge disadvantage but there is certainly no advantage so whats the point when there are Turbo kits already available.

I would stick with a single Turbo kit anyway. TT's just arent necessary with todays Turbo technology. Its double the price, double the shit to go wrong and double the weight. A single 76mm is a light switch and will make gobs of power.

My old 85mm cast wheel made 1020 whp on 93 octane and methanol with 930 ft lbs of TQ and that Turbo was 6 years old! Newer 76mm billet wheel Turbo will make more than that.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
For me, I liked the stealth of it. Underhood if you're not paying much attention, it just looks like I have a CAI in the fender.
The turbo can be seen through the front drivers side wheel well.

I can post pics later if anyone is curious.

black pearl 5976

Not emissions compliant
It’s a hot rod, a mustang I might not have but I’m pretty sure I mentioned I don’t care about complying with anything I just want the knowledge to unlock and preserve the fun of this piece of art I’m currently tasked with creating,

The shop that deleted the egr and emissions on my gt didn’t care about this bullshit but that retard also didn’t know enough to seal the valve on the open long tubes I let him put on, also thought I had a t5 transmission in my 1997 mustang gt so I can’t really trust the knowledge from any shop around me, honestly I’ve been thinking about swapping a diesel into a new edge gt just to roll some coal while a slide around I already know how to swap it in (properly modified) and already know how to delete everything on those and no one would shun me on those forms like you people who claim to be enthusiasts. Might as well ban me like the rest of the mustang forums did when I asked about my GT

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think I see where this is going to end up.....

It's your car and your money. Do whatever you want. Despite what you might think, no one here really cares.

Users who are viewing this thread