Eclipse KILLED...Itself?

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
Ok, this probably isnt the story you were expecting. I used to own a 96 mustang v6. Never bragged it to be fast, just loved my mustang. My friend Greg goes off and buys a 2000 eclipse spider. He approaches me and says, Hey David, wanna go race so I can kick your mustangs ass?? I say...first off, my mustang isnt fast. And you dont have a car. He explains hes bought this new eclipse with dual fart cans and apparently cold air. I say, great job on buying a rice burner from a moron. But decline the race seeing as there isnt any point. Later on down the road I aquire my current car, the 2001 GT i own now. As fate would have it I am giving him a ride home one day and he says: Niice, but i think my eclipse can take it. I cast a confused look in his direction. I ask him if hes serious. He says yes. So be it and now a race is pending, not a couple days later he burns his clutch out (cant drive). So the race is obviously postponed. After a great deal of patience his car is back up and running and the race is approaching again. Well, wouldnt you know. Two days ago hes driving at about 30 down the road and his axle snaps in half....his AXLE...snaps in half going 30 mph. So chalk this kill up to Mitsubishi and a moron with uncle bens octane.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
HAHAHAHAHA, tell him to put a toilet paper tube over it and some duct tape and quit breaking his car so he doesn't have to race you.

That's pretty funny.....

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
ahha u didnt race him when u had your v6 stang?
AHHAHAAHAH
now you're willing to race him with the v8 stang? :rollseyes

oh well, he would have killed you when u still had the v6 but your current car will beat the eclipse.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
That's pretty sweet. I'd bet he bought the car from someone who launched it hard, and knew the clutch was about to go, as the car had taken a lot of abuse.

fre

Established Member
lol he is going to have to do the ultimate mod (change cars). He probably didn't even break it he just doesn't want to race until he buys another car so he's stalling.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Serpent said:
ahha u didnt race him when u had your v6 stang?
AHHAHAAHAH
now you're willing to race him with the v8 stang? :rollseyes

oh well, he would have killed you when u still had the v6 but your current car will beat the eclipse.

no shit the gt will beat the eclipse..it will be a slaughter..plus nor-cal sucks. :thumbsup:

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
I didnt even challenge the guy when I got my GT. I knew his eclipse would have taken the v6...so did he...probably at least. When he said the 200 flywheel horse power fart can was talked up over the the V8...I accepted. People like that need to be put in their place. Its like me sayin "aww heck, my 2V dont need those other 2vs, Ill beat yerr cobra anytime!

Users who are viewing this thread