Polished upper intake?

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Hey guys, i havent been on for a while with moving from jersey to tn, but i been working on an ongoing 97 mark 8 swap into my 00 GT. Finally got it finsihed for now haha but looking at getting my upper cobra intake manifold polished, or if someone on here polishes them. Just looking for more ways to show off the swap i guess so thought i would throw this on here and see if anyone could help me out.
Thanks guys

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
I don't know who does polishing but I do think you could do it yourself and make it look great. There are plenty of 'How to polish metal' posts all over the net that would help.

And I always support doing things yourself....It gives you alot of satisfaction when people compliment you. And is fun in the end.

I will say that from expeience polishing various metals, something that large and intricate could require alot of maintenance if not clear coated.

Have you though about like a Jet Hot coating? Would that even work? Anyone want to speak up to that?

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
yea i had some things onn the motor already powdercoated but i was hoping to polish it then add polished coil covers later on, i have done minor polishing before its more of a time thing and i dont wanna have the car apart too long again, as now im just working out some small kinks

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
those do look really good, just pretty far away from me but i will keep them in mind. i just know sometimes people have polished one they trade for stock uppers with money, but just trying to find my best options

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Im in NY, They had it in 3 days Fedex ground. Turn around time was under 2 weeks and return shipping was covered by them. Then again time wasnt an issue for me as the car isnt daily driven.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I'm in East Brunswick NJ, and I have a spare upper lid that was just on my car. I sent my original out to get powdercoated it's installed now. I was gonna sell my extra upper on e-bay. I cut the center section and polished the inlet. I can either sell it to you as a spare, or if you leave me a deposit, i can let you borrow it while you send yours out to get powdercoated. No down time then. PM me if your interested.

98_snake_bite

Established Member
I have a polished one I would trade + some cash for a stock upper. The inlet is modified with the divider removed and everything polished inside too.

Are you still in Jersey? Let me know if you are interested.

283005.jpg

283004.jpg

283003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread