Max RWHP on stock GT500 internals

Status
Not open for further replies.

stop2go41

Established Member
Just what the title says. Looking for max safe RWHP for this motor as it sits stock internals. I am coming over from a built cobra so I never really had to worry about this.

1st usa car

Established Member
Tune is always king -- my car is nowhere near this but I have read 750whp is the safe area -- anything more is on borrowed time. but some have safely gone to 800whp w/ the right tune and fuel --- and others have blown w/ 700whp w/ a bad tune or fuel.

1st usa car

Established Member
also, in case you didn't know -- stock internals are - forged crank, rods and pistons... at least that is what I remember reading somewhere

Last edited:

stop2go41

Established Member
I did a search fordman and did not find what I was looking for but thank you for responding...

Mainn

Established Member
The general range is 700-750rwhp. However, some have made it to 800rwhp on the stock internals. YMMV. :)

Last edited:

Doc Vegas

Established Member
The general range is 700-750rwhp. However, some have made it to 800rwhp on the stock internals. YMMV. :)

That's about right in my relatively amateur opinion. VMP Gen II sells an 800 HP kit and cites 700+ RWHP with stock internals.... Max, hard to say, would be curious what would give out first?

ZeroSVT

Established Member
That's about right in my relatively amateur opinion. VMP Gen II sells an 800 HP kit and cites 700+ RWHP with stock internals.... Max, hard to say, would be curious what would give out first?

Rods are the weak link.

-Matt

Imatk

Established Member
I'd be very curious how anyone is actually USING 700rwhp on the street.

I'm at probably 540ish rwhp and 1st and 2nd MUST be babied in order to get moving and not spin.

I guess if you're just drag racing that's another thing though.

Speedboosted

Established Member

I'm at probably 540ish rwhp and 1st and 2nd MUST be babied in order to get moving and not spin.

You need better tires/rear suspension. Street tires hold second half the time with 670 rwhp on the street.

- Aj -

Established Member

I'm making about the same as you. I feather first gear a bit then lay into it. No spin after that. I have BMR LCA w/relo brackets, Nitto 555r 305/35/20. I bet the one piece drive shaft helps me a bit as well.

Imatk

Established Member
I have the PP Suspension from the 2012 GT500 and the 2013 CF driveshaft... running Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

If I floor first I'm going sideways without a doubt or just spinning.

Second I can catch after I pedal the throttle a little bit but I have to be careful with second as well.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Depends on what fuel your using, 700 on pump gas, 750 with torco, 800 on e85 would be my best guess.

MattR

Established Member

I do, dead hooks in second gear.

Mainn

Established Member

I can plant it from about 40mph onwards with no tire spin. Stock suspension, stock Goodyear tires (which I really should get rid of). I put down roughly 570rwhp on the dyno. Having an auto trans does help though, as it softens the shock on the drivetrain. I can see, with much better tires and suspension setup, how 700rwhp can be used on the street with no spin. :)

rfugio68

Established Member
I have the PP Suspension from the 2012 GT500 and the 2013 CF driveshaft... running Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

If I floor first I'm going sideways without a doubt or just spinning.

Second I can catch after I pedal the throttle a little bit but I have to be careful with second as well.
When i had michelin pss making 537rwhp i could make them catch towards the end of first by pedaling it, now im on toyo r888 with roughly 640rwhp and i hook in first sometimes.

all i have is frpp lowering springs, panhard bar, and toyo r888's. no wheel hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread