Cold air intakes

blueovalfan

Established Member
What do you guys run and how do you like them. I'm leaning twords the Anderson powerpipe and velocity mass air meter setup they have, but at $498 its pricey. here is the link to it.

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/

Also I have another question on tuning, when I bought my 06MGT it was already set up with the superchips 93 octane tune, I still have the programmer--> http://www.superchips.com/products....ame=2005-2008+Ford+4.0L,+4.6L+&+5.4L+Mustangs, that one. The only other mods are 373s and exhaust, can I just buy any cold air kit and be fine since the car is already on the 93 octane tune? Or do I have to contact superchips and download a specific tune?

I wouldnt mind getting a custom tune but Anderson Ford (the only place I would let touch it around here) uses diablosport, does that mean I have to buy another programmer before they will tune it? Now after thinking about it I might go with something that doesnt need anytuning like the BBK intake.

Any advice guys, been in this spot yet?

Stang925

Established Member
I run the c&L racer CAI and I like it. i got it from bamachips.com i got there intake and tune combo for 625. Now to answer your other question you said u wouldnt mind getting a custom tune which i think wouldnt be a bad investment, but u said they only use diablosport then you would have to buy one either from diablosport or from anderson. I pretty sure they sell the handheld.

blueovalfan

Established Member
I run the c&L racer CAI and I like it. i got it from bamachips.com i got there intake and tune combo for 625. Now to answer your other question you said u wouldnt mind getting a custom tune which i think wouldnt be a bad investment, but u said they only use diablosport then you would have to buy one either from diablosport or from anderson. I pretty sure they sell the handheld.

Do I have to buy a tuner for that specific CAI or can I contact superchips and see if I can download a tune, I still have the handheld tuner from superchips (it was in the trunk when I bought the car)?

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
This one works just fine. I had the FR 90 mm CAI from the factory. Just added the CF elbow.
DSC01927.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread