ZX14R VS "1000Horspower" duramax round 2?

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Well he has his bottles full and wants lengths, definitely considering it except this time try to get more money involved what do you guys think?

16kOrBust

Established Member
LOL at him wanting lengths. :lol: So if you give him a bunch of lengths and he beats you to the finish line, is he going to brag to all his friends that he beat a new ZX14? I guarantee it.

If it's for money, tell him heads up or come back when he actually has enough power to hang with you. And make sure you tell him that loudly when he's in front of a large group of people, preferably a lot of his friends.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
LOL at him wanting lengths. :lol: So if you give him a bunch of lengths and he beats you to the finish line, is he going to brag to all his friends that he beat a new ZX14? I guarantee it.

If it's for money, tell him heads up or come back when he actually has enough power to hang with you. And make sure you tell him that loudly when he's in front of a large group of people, preferably a lot of his friends.

He's a sore loser and a liar, he stated I was spinning at 100 so bad I had to let out, I went back to the road and there's my starting spin and hook shown but not even a launch mark for him? I'm confident he could add 6-7horse and I would still whoop his ass oh well I need to find some real fast cars to run.

16kOrBust

Established Member
He's a sore loser and a liar, he stated I was spinning at 100 so bad I had to let out, I went back to the road and there's my starting spin and hook shown but not even a launch mark for him? I'm confident he could add 6-7horse and I would still whoop his ass oh well I need to find some real fast cars to run.

If you wanna have a much easier time finding cars to run, pickup a strong running 600. It's hard to find decent runs for liter bikes or bigger, but there are a decent amount of cars out there that at least make it interesting for 600's. Plus the 600 will be WAY more fun on a road course than that 14. :D

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
If you wanna have a much easier time finding cars to run, pickup a strong running 600. It's hard to find decent runs for liter bikes or bigger, but there are a decent amount of cars out there that at least make it interesting for 600's. Plus the 600 will be WAY more fun on a road course than that 14. :D

I'd get bored with a 6 so fast...I'm looking at a turbo for the 14 in the near future.:rockon:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Truck will lose...again...

LOL at the Pinks comment...used to love that show until full on drag cars showed up and everybody sandbagged

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
Could be a hustle... not likely, but there's a chance. I wouldn't give him a inch.

16kOrBust

Established Member
I'd get bored with a 6 so fast...I'm looking at a turbo for the 14 in the near future.:rockon:

Not on a road course you wouldn't...:D

But if your sole purpose for owning a bike is to go in a straight line, then I guess the 14 makes more sense.

I'm as big of a fan of drag racing as anyone, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that a day on the road course is at least twice as fun as a visit to the drag strip or a good street race. Most people I know who say a road course doesn't really interest them have simply never done a track day (or crash on their first one...:lol1:).

Not that you can't have fun with a Busa or 14 on the road course, just not as MUCH fun lol.

Gladiator500

Established Member
We always negotiate lengths when we run because most of the time we know the cars aren't evenly matched. When a bike runs a car, we almost always spot the car a few lengths or let the car go and the bike goes on the brake (when the car goes, then the bike can go. No flag).

If you know how to ride, the ZX14 should eat that truck up. It's got 9's in it if you are bone stock. I doubt this truck can run 9's...so even if he can run an 11.0 (hell he might run 12's and be a confident asshole) and you spot him 3 lengths, say that gives him a .5 second advantage, you should still be able to catch up and pass him if your riding is spot on.

16kOrBust

Established Member
We always negotiate lengths when we run because most of the time we know the cars aren't evenly matched. When a bike runs a car, we almost always spot the car a few lengths or let the car go and the bike goes on the brake (when the car goes, then the bike can go. No flag).

If you know how to ride, the ZX14 should eat that truck up. It's got 9's in it if you are bone stock. I doubt this truck can run 9's...so even if he can run an 11.0 (hell he might run 12's and be a confident asshole) and you spot him 3 lengths, say that gives him a .5 second advantage, you should still be able to catch up and pass him if your riding is spot on.

I'll give people lengths all day on friendly runs to make it fun and interesting with mismatched cars, but when the guy I'm potentially racing is a cocky prick who's going to brag about beating me if he wins even though I gave him lengths to even it up, plus it's for money, you better believe he's not getting an inch. You wanna brag and be arrogant for money, run a heads up match. You wanna just have some fun and make it interesting with friendly runs, start talkin lengths.

You KNOW if this guy is given 3 cars and the hit, then wins the race and takes your money, every person on god's green earth is gonna hear about how he smoked a new ZX14 while mentioning nothing about lengths or hits or anything else he needed to even put him in the same ballpark as the bike.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread