zx14 vs c6z06

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
a bike with nearly twice the power to weight killing a car is not bench racing.

i had 2 bikes before i had my first car. shifting fast on a bike is easy.

Doing power to weight ratio on a calculator is bench racing period :poke:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You have to be a real douche to think you can even hang with a bike with any kind of displacement. Guess that's your typical corvette owner. Bad thing is he'll probably pull the same crap again tomorrow with the same outcome. You did the right thing wasting your time and putting him down.

Most idiotic statement in the whole thread..... :lol:

-Typical vette owner.

Now that is a bit of an overstatement. But bikes are fast for sure. I have run several. Win some lose some. The bike driver makes a lot of difference. Its all fun though.

Nice race OP

+1 thats what is all about...

Is that all?

My 03 Cobra with a 2.2 KB, JB shorties and a 3.90 gear trapped 132.9.

Lol, that 130+ means it can kiss your almighty 132.... and to make matters worst for you, its only attained with a Full exhaust, intake and a healthy tune unlike your Full bolt on and TS charger upgraded cobra..... :lol:

apples to oranges buddy....

Life will be a lot easier for you if you learn to accept the fact that a c6z06 is your daddy. :lol:

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Have a C6Z, had a 'Busa.

Why people post bike vs. car threads I just don't get. I suppose there are some ridiculously modded cars that can beat bikes from ??? to 150 or so but that list has got to be small.

Having said that, I'd love to try the 14 with my Z from 150 on up.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Well this thread went wild lol. There are cars that can be bikes to a certain extent. If you are talking about stock bikes with average riders then yes, very possible. This is something that can be argued forever. Most look at the money that it takes. Most Busas and 14's are mid to low 9 second bikes with talented riders. With the average joe they are mid to high 10 second bikes.

In order for it to be interesting on the street it is always a roll on where the rider of the bike is not comfortable so to say in the right gear. No excuses but not everyone can do a proper roll on has we have seen from cars and bikes. Wrong gear selection and there will always be an excuse. Racing calculators on the internet really means nothing.

I have never seen a car with extreme HP that it takes to beat a bike hook on the street. I have 4 busas. An 02, 06, 08, and a 09. The 02 is stock wheelbase with a few mods to it. I sixty foot the same on the street as the track. Track is consisent 1.47-1.51. That is on pretty much any street surface that you give me. No rubber or THT needed.

You will not find a car that will leave on any street surface with decent power like that. Now there are streets that are prepped in videos that I have seen where cars wheelie on the street but that is very rare. I run 9.10s to 9.20s at 152-155mph. How many cars can do that on the street.

Not trying to keep the argument going but the bike is only about 11K for the bike and all the mods. I know you can not look at money because most of the cars that are capable of beating the bikes have about 8 times more money involved in them. I have raced my brother on the bike and beat him with my car from 50 to 150mph. His car is faster than mine and he can't even get a jump on me before I just walk away. A lot of times you beat the rider on the larger bikes.

Has for the Texas Mile, is that done from a dead or do you roll into it? I want to take my car to the next one because I missed the registration for this one. By the way the bikes have been speed limited from the factory since 2001 to 185. So when you start to kill them on top end its because the comp is starting to shut them down. Unrestrict one with a pipe and tund and its not problem at all to run 205-210mph.

blacksrt

Established Member
here is my friends 540 whp z06 vs 06 cbr 1000rr

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXjjBI5rkA"]YouTube - C6 Z06 vs 06 CBR 1000 rr from a dog[/nomedia]

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Guy left with both feet like he was a beginner. Didn't lean over to get weight over the front or anything. He is very inexperienced. That is why I say when you get a novice rider cars look fast. But hey this has been argued since the beginning of time

onebadsvt

Established Member
ive beat 600s in my old cobra, but i had a modded cbr1000rr and got my ass strolled by a camaro and supra around here. the camaro was a built big cube with twin 67s and the supra had a single 88 or 96 i cant remember. both made well over 1000rwhp through autos and cruise on the highway quite a bit. i trapped 148 on this bike and they pulled probably 4-5 car lenghths on me from 70-140. later saw them at the track and they both run 8s. and trapped 160s

onebadsvt

Established Member
That guy sucks as a rider, that z should have never been up front. Specially from a dig.

guessing you have never tried lauching a liter bike. its impossible without being stretched or lowering or strapping. i have had my 1000 at the track multiple times and best 60ft unstrapped was a 1.86. an avg rider will be 2.0-2.2

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
guessing you have never tried lauching a liter bike. its impossible without being stretched or lowering or strapping. i have had my 1000 at the track multiple times and best 60ft unstrapped was a 1.86. an avg rider will be 2.0-2.2

You guess very wrong... It is not impossible, just takes skill. Its called clutch and throttle control along with body positioning and balls...

Your 1.86 is very average for an average guy.... Lol..

Users who are viewing this thread