ZX-9 how fast? I just smoked one.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
gsx said:
I can post the 2nd video if you want when he didn't hit the rev limiter. The result wasn't a whole lot different.

Keep in mind i'm also running a full weight GSX (3250lbs) with a 170lbs camera man.
What 1/4 times do you run?

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
and judging from that video, he was a very bad rider. I'm not saying you didn't beat him, because you did. He just sucked real bad.

Last edited:

gsx

Banned
Established Member
Gutted = remove weight. I can't tell you what was removed but those were the guys exact words.

I don't know what a 600cc traps at in the 1/4 mile, but I can tell you that 12.1 at the track two weeks ago was @ 128mph. I could of probably cracked 130 if I could of got more than 3 runs in.....

Last edited:

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
gsx said:
Gutted = remove weight. I can't tell you what was removed but those were the guys exact words.

I don't know what a 600cc traps at in the 1/4 mile, but I can tell you that 12.1 at the track two weeks ago was @ 128mph. Could probably broke 130 if I could of got more than 3 runs in.....
about 125. How are you trapping 130 and doing 12.1s? That's pretty strange. I would think a trap of 115ish would be the norm.

gsx

Banned
Established Member
My clutch won't hold the launches. My 60ft's are 2.2.-2.3 which is pretty bad for an AWD car. I'm also still on the stock suspension.

Last edited:

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
gsx said:
My clutch won't hold the launches. My 60ft's are 2.2.-2.3 which is pretty bad for an AWD car. I'm also still on the stock suspension.
I did a 12.2@114 on the stock clutch with traction issues. I'm also putting out over 450Lb/ft of torque. Stock suspension.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
no to mention that a guy who was racing next to me at Union Grove, WI had a GSX running 11.7's @ 121.

gsx

Banned
Established Member
I'm putting down over 485ft lbs.

I guess I just must be a shitty driver than. I guess that's bad though because the bike still didn't win.....

Last edited:

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
gsx said:
I'm putting down over 485ft lbs.

I guess I just must be a shitty driver than. I guess that's bad though because the bike still didn't win.....
Nope, shitty rider and if you think you're a shitty driver, well then, so be it.

You said it, not me.

You need to lighten up, Francis.

gsx

Banned
Established Member
My point is a bike may be capable of 10's but that doesn't mean 99.9% of the people out there will even get close to that number. When your running that fast, there's very little room for error and most people just are not going to be able to do it.

So you can go off magazine times and call everyone else bad drivers that can't hit those times or you can go off the average and figure that it's not unthinkable that a decently fast car could keep up with or beat a bike.

It's not like there was a whole lot to driving in our race. He wanted to go from a 20mph roll and that's exactly what we did. It was pretty much just floor it and shift although he did hit the rev limiter on the first gear.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
gsx said:
My point is a bike may be capable of 10's but that doesn't mean 99.9% of the people out there will even get close to that number. When your running that fast, there's very little room for error and most people just are not going to be able to do it.

So you can go off magazine times and call everyone else bad drivers that can't hit those times or you can go off the average and figure that it's not unthinkable that a decently fast car could keep up with or beat a bike.

It's not like there was a whole lot to driving in our race. He wanted to go from a 20mph roll and that's exactly what we did. It was pretty much just floor it and shift although he did hit the rev limiter on the first gear.
Listen, shithead. I was asking legitimate questions about your car. If you can't handle it, don't post.

Did I call BS? Nope. So lighten up or shut up.

gsx

Banned
Established Member
kneedragger said:
Listen, shithead. I was asking legitimate questions about your car. If you can't handle it, don't post.

Did I call BS? Nope. So lighten up or shut up.

WTF??

I think you need to lighten up. I'm just having a conversation here. In order for me to lighten up I would have to be mad or upset about something. I'm neither.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
gsx said:
WTF??

I think you need to lighten up. I'm just having a conversation here. In order for me to lighten up I would have to be mad or upset about something. I'm neither.
When you start pulling the "I'm a bad driver" and " You can read your magazines" because I'm ASKING questions about your car, it's comes off as pissy.

65mph_Roll

Established Member
I’m convinced that all magazines have access to a sea level track with forty degree cold dense air with perfect traction and a professional driver for all tests.

03cobratech

Established Member
65mph_Roll said:
I’m convinced that all magazines have access to a sea level track with forty degree cold dense air with perfect traction and a professional driver for all tests.

I've read in a few magazines that the bikes the manufacturers send them for their tests are usually "ringers" to some extent.. I was just reading an article the other day a reader sent into the mag saying the claimed whp numbers for their 05 R6 was higher then his 05 R6 that had a full pipe, commander and filter. The magazines reply was that the manufacturers send them specimen's that are given extra special care to make slightly more power then the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread