ZX-9 how fast? I just smoked one.

turbo94gt

Established Member
2003Slobra said:
I am not going to deny what happened but I myself have raced a bike or two. I have raced a 600cc Bike, 600rr from a 45MPH roll. We both hit it and I made him look like he stood on the brakes. I have not raced anything other than a 600, but I think from the distance I put on him, I should be able to beat if not be side by side with a 750cc. ZX10/12 R1 954RR's now those are all different stories, I don't think I would win but I don't think they would run all over me. ALL bikes hit a brick wall sometime above 120+, esp for the 600cc. The higher the Litre Bike the higher the MPH before they aerodynamics effect them, but it will play a role on how fast you go. They are going to keep pulling, and fast but no where as fast as 1st to 2nd to 3rd.

Now this isnt about me, but just trying to shead some light on the fact its not hard to walk on a bike. If anyone has a 600/750 even a 1000cc I wouldn't mind running. We could tape to for a educational video. Before you even think about calling BS on my car, lets just say its more than 650RWHP.
Great kill, now gets some vids going on that sick cobra of yours :rockon: Btw someone around by me knows the guy that I raced so I'm gonna try and find out if he has any numbers on his bike.

Last edited:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
jasonc32amg said:
I'm in the gardens...be happy to explore that brick wall at 120 on my zx10 :beer:

I am sorry, didn't mean to word it like that. I don't mean to say they hit a brick wall, but 600cc bikes to start to slow down around 120? I did not mean 750's and 1000cc bikes as well, but they are effected at a very much higher MPH. I guess all I am trying to say is the higher they go they more they have a chance of being effected by aerodynamics. But I guess that plays a role in anyones case, even me with my fatass mustang. Correct me if I am wrong, I don't mean to come off as stating facts, just things I have picked up along the way.

BTW Jason, I would be more than happy to have a friendly get together with your bike. I can't do it anytime soon, but by the end of the month early next month I should be good to go. Just send me a PM and we could work something out. Send me a PM and I will let you know what my car has done, just to keep you up on things. Should be fun :-D

jasonc32amg

Established Member
2003Slobra said:
I am sorry, didn't mean to word it like that. I don't mean to say they hit a brick wall, but 600cc bikes to start to slow down around 120? I did not mean 750's and 1000cc bikes as well, but they are effected at a very much higher MPH. I guess all I am trying to say is the higher they go they more they have a chance of being effected by aerodynamics. But I guess that plays a role in anyones case, even me with my fatass mustang. Correct me if I am wrong, I don't mean to come off as stating facts, just things I have picked up along the way.

BTW Jason, I would be more than happy to have a friendly get together with your bike. I can't do it anytime soon, but by the end of the month early next month I should be good to go. Just send me a PM and we could work something out. Send me a PM and I will let you know what my car has done, just to keep you up on things. Should be fun :-D

Sounds good man, I didn't even know there was a stang like that in the area... :D

03cobratech

Established Member
xyzautomotive said:
zx9 magazine rated at 10.45 134.7mph

I believe the guys story 100% bikes can and have lost to fast cars on the highway.. Also you have to keep in mind, as i stated before, a bike roll racing in the wrong gear would be devistating. It could be the difference from a dead heat race to a 10 car length disadvantage... When a bike is out of its powerband it takes a while to get moving...

BCM0018

Established Member
I find the road your racing on can have a big impact. I have a ZX-10R and a C6 wanted to play on a bumpy road and I barley beat him because everytime I hit the throttle I got massive headshake. Once we got to a better section of road I left him like he was going backwards. I need a steering damper bad.

BLUBLLS

2003Slobra said:
I am not going to deny what happened but I myself have raced a bike or two. I have raced a 600cc Bike, 600rr from a 45MPH roll. We both hit it and I made him look like he stood on the brakes. I have not raced anything other than a 600, but I think from the distance I put on him, I should be able to beat if not be side by side with a 750cc. ZX10/12 R1 954RR's now those are all different stories, I don't think I would win but I don't think they would run all over me. ALL bikes hit a brick wall sometime above 120+, esp for the 600cc. The higher the Litre Bike the higher the MPH before they aerodynamics effect them, but it will play a role on how fast you go. They are going to keep pulling, and fast but no where as fast as 1st to 2nd to 3rd.

Now this isnt about me, but just trying to shead some light on the fact its not hard to walk on a bike. If anyone has a 600/750 even a 1000cc I wouldn't mind running. We could tape to for a educational video. Before you even think about calling BS on my car, lets just say its more than 650RWHP.

Wow I'm happy to hear that my 10 hits a brick wall before I'm even out of 2nd :nono: :lol1:

Also, wanted to let you know that a 10/R1/1k will outpull a Busa up until the 170 area when the Busa will begin to come back because of it's Aero's

Last edited by a moderator:

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
03cobratech said:
The MV is within reach of the 05 zx-10 and gsxr 1000 moron... It IS faster then any zx-9 built to date... You're quoting mag numbers from two different mags on two different days. Look up cycle worlds test of the agusta MV, zx-10 and gsxr 1000. Those were the only liter bikes tested for superiority to every other liter bike built today.. Learn your stuff before running your mouth...
I took the MV Agusta number from cycleworld. The ZX9 number is from sportbike. They were both done at LACR by experienced riders. What's your point? 2 different ZX9s broke into the nines in 2 different years. What's your point?

You don't know a thing about bikes. You quote manufacturer's claims of horsepower and dry weight, which everyone BUT you seems to know are exaggerated.

Have you dragged your ignorance over to a sportbike site and said any of this yet? Answer : NO.

So STFU junior and leave the knowledge to people who actually HAVE it.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
03cobratech said:
When comparing 1/4 mile times of sportbikes u need to look more at trapspeeds. Hell the zx-6r is like 4 tenths slower in the 1/4 then the zx-10 r, does that meant they are close in terms of acceleration?? HELL NO. Bikes are light they are all capable of turning great 1/4 miles ET's in the right hands that is. For the faster bikes to shine they need to run 1/2 mile or a standing mile, thats where you would see the extra power come into play. Down here in south florida the drag racing is done in a standing mile, thats a much better test for a bikes acceleration...
Well, douchenbag, in the R&T test, the MVAgusta was only outrun by the outright race cars and 1000HP Viper and S7 to 170. Wow, the size of the wall it ran into was AMAZING.

MotoGP bikes are faster down the straights than F1 cars. Huge wall.

In the distance of a mile, none of this drivel you're saying will matter. Dumb post as usual.

03cobratech

Established Member
kneedragger said:
Well, douchenbag, in the R&T test, the MVAgusta was only outrun by the outright race cars and 1000HP Viper and S7 to 170. Wow, the size of the wall it ran into was AMAZING.

MotoGP bikes are faster down the straights than F1 cars. Huge wall.

In the distance of a mile, none of this drivel you're saying will matter. Dumb post as usual.

So the agusta beat the viper in the 1/4 and lost to it from a roll, thanks for proving what everyone already knows.. Do you have any useful knowledge for anyone?? Its pretty sad that you think your greatest area of knowledge is sport bikes.. Cause u dont know shit.. You claimed the agusta wasnt a "quick" bike, yet you ride a cbr600rr?? I've been drag racing late model domestic cars since i could drive, i just started riding sportbikes jan this year and i've already proven to have more useful information then you... You're pathetic, you just troll around websites and twist magazine info to make you sound like you have a clue to what you're talkin about... Then you "try" to make other people look stupid with what you think is "intelligence". You just dont have the IQ to make it all work.. l :smmon:

Last edited:

03cobratech

Established Member
KwObAbY said:
Wow I'm happy to hear that my 10 hits a brick wall before I'm even out of 2nd :nono: :lol1:

Also, wanted to let you know that a 10/R1/1k will outpull a Busa up until the 170 area when the Busa will begin to come back because of it's Aero's

Drag racing is always partial to drivers/riders, but the busa will come back more like 140ish.. 170 is a slight exaggeration, but its true the liter bikes have a slight advantage in the lowerspeeds. Given two equal drivers the busa will be superior in the end though..

03cobratech

Established Member
kneedragger said:
Have you dragged your ignorance over to a sportbike site and said any of this yet? Answer : NO.

Why dont u go on one of those sportbike websites and post about how you think a mid 90's ZX-9 (or any zx-9 for that matter) will easily outrun the agusta in a straight line... :lol: After they get done laughing maybe they can teach you something... :beer:

BLUBLLS

03cobratech said:
Drag racing is always partial to drivers/riders, but the busa will come back more like 140ish.. 170 is a slight exaggeration, but its true the liter bikes have a slight advantage in the lowerspeeds. Given two equal drivers the busa will be superior in the end though..

Actually the liter bikes will hit outrun the busa up until really high. They will hit atleast 170 before a busa....I have done this with 6th gear roll-ons when my bike was stock :poke:

In the end the busa does not have an advantage due to power to weight though, it's only because of the aeros

Last edited by a moderator:

03cobratech

Established Member
KwObAbY said:
Actually the liter bikes will hit outrun the busa up until really high. They will hit atleast 170 before a busa....I have done this with 6th gear roll-ons when my bike was stock :poke:

In the end the busa does not have an advantage due to power to weight though, it's only because of the aeros

Agreed aerodynamics is hte only advantage a busa or zx-12 would have over a liter bike. Liter bikes have awesome power these days..

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
03cobratech said:
So the agusta beat the viper in the 1/4 and lost to it from a roll, thanks for proving what everyone already knows.. Do you have any useful knowledge for anyone?? Its pretty sad that you think your greatest area of knowledge is sport bikes.. Cause u dont know shit.. You claimed the agusta wasnt a "quick" bike, yet you ride a cbr600rr?? I've been drag racing late model domestic cars since i could drive, i just started riding sportbikes jan this year and i've already proven to have more useful information then you... You're pathetic, you just troll around websites and twist magazine info to make you sound like you have a clue to what you're talkin about... Then you "try" to make other people look stupid with what you think is "intelligence". You just dont have the IQ to make it all work.. l :smmon:
After 150 mph it lost to a 1000HP viper and cars with better power to weight ratios. It doesn't hit a wall. In case you haven't noticed, in most of the test, the bikes pull redline. ALSO, bikes have been been speed limited on the top end for about 5 years now. The bikes designed for top end, which an MV Agusta isn't, are limited to 186mph. Since there is a fair amount of wheelspin and the limiter is running off of the speedo, you see top speed of 179-182 out of the Hayabusa and ZX12.

The only thing that runs into a wall is your battle with the use of bar soap.

You won't go over to a sportbike site because? You will be shredded.

Did I claim the 600RR was quicker? Making shit up? Of course.

seeing as that I said it wasn't the "quickest" bike (because it's not as light as the other liter bikes) and provided what normal people like to call NUMBERS from actual tests, I'll sit in my tent of logic and watch the maggots, like you, crawl around on the dung of stupidity. Not to mention your logic of the ZX6 being almost as quick as the ZX10 is kinda stupid too. The reasoning is that, and they hide this shit in books, is often that the ZX10 has as short of a wheelbase and is hard to launch as it wants to rotate around it's rear wheel. For you, that would be wheelie. That's why it's 6/10ths quicker and 17mph faster. You also might want to look at the gearing. You'll find that first gear on a literbike is generally taller, to prevent the aformentioned wheelie. Seeing as that gearing and the ability to launch a bike kinda, sorta play a bit of a roll. These things will effect it.

Ok, roll ricer....er., roll racer?

Last edited:

turbo94gt

Established Member
SWYZ721 said:
Hey Turbo94GT, what are you running as far as tuning, Tweecer?
I don't have any tuning device, just the stock computer. I do have the timing locked out at 16 degrees though.

Mr.B

Banned
I'm a little up in the air on this one. Having owned several bikes it seems quite unlikely that you "smoked" a Zx9.......then again I wasn't there and this only my opinion. If you did....NICE KILL!! If you're are only exaggerating and maybe you only HUNG with the Zx9 as it walked away at a medium pace.......then that's still impressive to me.

turbo94gt

Established Member
Mr.B said:
I'm a little up in the air on this one. Having owned several bikes it seems quite unlikely that you "smoked" a Zx9.......then again I wasn't there and this only my opinion. If you did....NICE KILL!! If you're are only exaggerating and maybe you only HUNG with the Zx9 as it walked away at a medium pace.......then that's still impressive to me.
Well I understand if anyone is skeptical about this. I said "smoked" but that is based on someones interpretation of the win. I usually say smoked whenever I beat anything but I did stay in front of him the whole time and had about a car and a half by top 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread