ZX-10R vs. Turbo S2k vs. Sprayed R1

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
I was called out this week to go run these two.

The S2000 is a Real Street Performance car that runs 9.54 @ 148 mph on a stock motor! The car is wicked fast.

The R1 has exhaust, a stretch, and a 40 shot (at the tire he says)

My bike is a 2011 with a full Graves exhaust and still on the stock ecu.

I thought the agreement was to start in 2nd gear (the bikes), but the R1 was in 1st so yea. I could have easily been in 1st gear.

The 1st race I was only supposed to chase for video, but after seeing how I was catching them, I stayed in it. The sounds you hear on the first race are my helmet bouncing off the gopro. I didn't have it in the correct spot and I was having troubles tucking behind it. I fixed it for the second race.

View from the S2000:
[youtube_browser]phsbZ0wMddY[/youtube_browser]

View from my 10:
[youtube_browser]L_iqi7Njoq8[/youtube_browser]

View from the R1:
[youtube_browser]SMd6Ckq51IA[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
The evo from the first video wants to run me now. And i'm supposed to have a rematch against the 1,100+ rwhp Supra I raced before (the video has been posted on this forum) if/when I get my reflash.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
cool vidz :coolman:

got a 40 shot at the crank on my 929 with a + 4 stretch :rockon:

duplicateoriginal.jpg

erionracing-BIG-resized.jpg

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
good riding, that R1 rider could use some practice. Your bike is a lot faster than I would have thought(compared to an R1 with a 50 shot). But at the same time, it looks like you simply out rode the other guy. I think you would have a good run with that Evo, be sure to post a vid.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Awesome runs, dude! I hear you on the GoPro causing problems tucking properly, and most people don't realize just how huge of a difference it makes, especially once you hit triple digits. I've yet to figure out a way to mount mine so I can get the most out of the bike and still see the speedo/tach. When you run the Evo and Supra, I'd leave it off and go for the kill because that Evo moved out and way up top the Supra is gonna be a monster.

And these videos are a GREAT example of how someone who can control a stock/bolt-on liter bike can put a hurtin on similar trapping cars. Trap speeds are deceiving on bikes because they crank out so hard in the first couple gears vs up top where the aerodynamics really come into play. Obviously much less so for liter bikes and hyperbikes than smaller ones, but if a good rider who traps 147 on a liter bike runs a car that traps a 147 on a good pass, more times than not the liter bike will be able to get out down low and hold it well past 150mph.

The R1 rider vs you and the car just shows how much of a difference it makes having someone who can control their bike well from lower speeds. It's rare to find someone who can do so. Have you ever run your bike at the strip?

Last edited:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Good runs! That was some good shifting on your part, and you out rode that R1 for sure. The R1 was an '04-'06, they usually put down around 150-160rwhp n/a so you are up a bit on the hp for sure. Good job.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Zx10s are no joke, I had an 05 and it was a monster. There was a thread in road kill not to long ago where some one thought there 630 whp cobra was going to out run a liter bike. Not a chance in hell

16kOrBust

Established Member
Zx10s are no joke, I had an 05 and it was a monster. There was a thread in road kill not to long ago where some one thought there 630 whp cobra was going to out run a liter bike. Not a chance in hell

Unfortunately, there's a very good chance because so many riders out there have no clue what they're doing. :lol1:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
I like. Which year is that? Do you have stock or non-nitrous graphs?

it is a 2001 erion race bike. it dyno'd 133 rwhp with the erion slip on and a power commander tune :beer:

it scaled a mere 404 lbs with a 1/4 tank of gas at the strip :eek:

since this dyno was run i blew the motor on the bottle when i had a spark plug failure (stock iridium plugs) at 178 mph on GPS. i have since rebuilt the motor with JE 12.5:1 pistons and now run the old skool non-iridium CBR-900 plugs and backed the NOS down to a 35 shot :thumbsup:

the nitrous system is a dry kit and my stock fuel system is now maxed out....

if i can find a clean limited edition 2004 busa i might just buy one and turbocharge it :idea: in the meantime i am gonna hook up a 60 shot wet kit to my VMax :rockon:

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
it is a 2001 erion race bike. it dyno'd 133 rwhp with the erion slip on and a power commander tune :beer:

it scaled a mere 404 lbs with a 1/4 tank of gas at the strip :eek:

since this dyno was run i blew the motor on the bottle when i had a spark plug failure (stock iridium plugs) at 178 mph on GPS. i have since rebuilt the motor with JE 12.5:1 pistons and now run the old skool non-iridium CBR-900 plugs and backed the NOS down to a 35 shot :thumbsup:

the nitrous system is a dry kit and my stock fuel system is now maxed out....

if i can find a clean limited edition 2004 busa i might just buy one and turbocharge it :idea: in the meantime i am gonna hook up a 60 shot wet kit to my VMax :rockon:
LOL, I wish I had your kind of money for toys. :beer: I've currently got my eye on a new RC8R, but with all the street riding and longer rides I do, it's far from the best choice. They're just so damn sexy, though. And it would be a LOT of fun down at NJMP.

And 404 lbs is crazy. My little 600 tipped just under 420 with half a tank of gas. :eek:

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
Thanks everyone!

I went to the drag strip when I first got the bike and ran a 10.7@146. I was still getting used to the bike (came off a cbr600rr) and was having issues spinning the tire 1st and 2nd gears. I'm going to the strip tonight to see if I can do better.

I will definitely post the videos of me vs the evo and supra rematch.

EVO32570

Established Member
Love the way the 10 rpm band flashes like that when it you hit your shift point. Or is it redline? Either way, badass.

Users who are viewing this thread