Zr1 vs me

C5Convertible

Established Member
Just watch out with that Vette community when they say "stock". Turns out "stock" to them means no engine modifications. They only mean showroom stock if they say "bone stock". I found that out recently after getting into a big argument with someone about some outrageous numbers he was throwing at us. Turns out his "stock" meant drag radials and some bolt-ons. I guess it's a totally accepted thing with those guys. "

I think you ran into the minority. I think most vette owners will agree that stock includes tires, exhaust.

One of my favorite sayings is "Stock to the paper air filter!" :D

Either way OP, good kill! Way to put the cocky owner in his place. Too bad he had a ZR1 though.. That car deserves a better owner ! :-D

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Too many people in here worried about grammer, like you can't understand it with a few mistakes :D He didn't write his story in japanese, so I was able to follow it just fine. Good kill OP

jumperjack

Established Member
Could of, would of, should of don't mean a thing. The OP beat the ZR1 and won 150 bucks. Why would anyone with a ZR1 think he could run anywhere near the car's potential on street tires at the track? Stupid is as stupid does. He wouldn't run him on the street because the OP had slicks. Congrats to the OP on a good kill and don't let the vette nut swingers bother you.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Just watch out with that Vette community when they say "stock". Turns out "stock" to them means no engine modifications. They only mean showroom stock if they say "bone stock". I found that out recently after getting into a big argument with someone about some outrageous numbers he was throwing at us. Turns out his "stock" meant drag radials and some bolt-ons. I guess it's a totally accepted thing with those guys.

I'm up on that but Ranger is well known to keep his cars either bone stock or just radials.

0310thstock

Established Member
maybe the car wasn't broken in..but i gotta say ur a cocky son of a bitch, talking shit and calling them a bitch... hey dude reality check "RACING DOESNT BRING YOUR HOME INCOME IN" no need to take shit sooo ****ing FAST AND FURIOUS!... wow bro u must live your life 1/4 mile at a time huh? Do you have a my size vin diesal poster in your room??. STEP AWAY FROM A CAR for a minute christ sakes, theres other things to do then masturbate in the driver seat of your car about beating factory cars...oh well... too bad ur driving home in a 20k mustang and hes driving home in a fresh 150k zr1 that would put your SUPER CAR to shame in so many ways than how it goes down the 1320... Ur full of fail

PS: your story is full of bullshit also... obviously this happened but at more calm level, you just want to be mr. E-THUG "im so tuff in my cobra and went and chilled with my GANG...that im a leader of.." and added more the story than what was said.

COOL STORY BRAH!

Chill out brah!!!! He couldn't get high 9's cause you were in the passenger's seat giving him head! We all get it now!!!!!!!!!:whine:

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Ok let me start back on saturday night me and my group was at the chill spot and this guy with a zr1 vette comes up and starts running his mouth telling us he runs high 9s. I just laught at him. Then he calls me out and I said ok, then he back out. I called him a little bitch and he said it's not far bc I had slicks on my car. I told him your the one that called me out. So he got in his car and left. Ok the on Sunday I was at the track and so was zr1 ***. I walk up to him and say you going to run 9s today and said he will walk all over you down the track. I said ok you want to put money on it. Well he race for $150. So we line up he does a little burn out and I do my burn out. Get up to the light and the light turns green, and I pull a 1.50 60ft and pull away from him hard. I ran a 10.97 @ 127mph and the zr1 12.55 @120mph. After the race he didn't even stop he just left so you one can talk shit to him. Zr1 fail

Congrats!!
Good for you. It's always good to put an arrogant jerk in his place.
He still can't figure out how a 6 year old Ford smoked his $100K Vette.

-

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
if the zr1 had a better driver it would of been a really close race by the times posted my doc GTO.

Except the OP is in NC not MA in below -1000DA conditions. You can't compare the fastest ever recorded time to what someone ran at another track in completely different conditions. Who knows what his Cobra would do at MIR in those kinda conditions if that were a heads-up race.

Good kill, the ZR1 needed the driver mod bad, that's a long way from 9s, LOL.

mrbigjeep

Established Member
nice kill! the best time yet for the zr1 is high tens as well...but the majority of the drivers will never hit tens...so you should have most of them with your track time.

nice run

mrbigjeep

Established Member
The trap says it all/....

you didnt beat the car, you beat the driver.

those cars are good for 129-130 traps

but the best time on stock tires is what? 10.9? still not better than him, and IMO most people won't touch that stock. i mean the z06 did tens stock as well...but how many other people out there actually did it...

F8L BYT

Established Member
but the best time on stock tires is what? 10.9? still not better than him, and IMO most people won't touch that stock. i mean the z06 did tens stock as well...but how many other people out there actually did it...

Fail! It was already stated on the first page what the stock time is and a 10.9 is better than a 10.97 if you didnt know. Here is what was posted on the first page if you are too lazy to look 10.85@129
New Record Times for Stock ZR1 - Corvette Forum

Users who are viewing this thread