ZR1 on the road course, 04 cobra chase car

FMX05

Established Member
awesome video...

I'm suprised you ran as close as you did to him... Sometimes when you would roll out of a curve from a bog, I think a downshift would have kept it closer..

How about how close he came to that tire pile at .47ish !

Yeah that guy definitely has some balls. The turn in that car has is ridiculous.

racebronco2

Established Member
Is a cooling upgrade worthwhile and a fully vented hood? Surely if 600hp+ production cars and V12 TT Mercedes can do it, so can the Cobra?

I do have all the cooling mods and a vented hood. The problem is our radiator is blocked mostly by the bumper, i have not seen any f/i cars run in the summertime in our area. When torque tv had the 700hp challenger vs the 700hp shelby gt500 the challenger got too hot to run after a couple of laps. I have seen the ford gt go into limp mode in the summertime.

awesome video...

I'm suprised you ran as close as you did to him... Sometimes when you would roll out of a curve from a bog, I think a downshift would have kept it closer..

How about how close he came to that tire pile at .47ish !

I am exiting most turns in second gear, first gear would be useless. Now if i was running 345 hoosier slicks like the vette it would be a different story.

XtremeS10

Established Member
Damn I wanna learn how to road race and build my next car for that!! Any pointers for someone never been on a road course?

THAITED

Established Member
Below is some of the traffic we had to deal with. With my tighter line i was able to pass much faster when the slower car tracked out. It didn't work with the driver of the ZR1, he was one of the best drivers i have had a chance to run with. running in traffic - Car Videos on StreetFire

Any secret to keep your car cools, new radiator and etc. Mine normal running conditon is like 210 degree, thanks.:beer:

racebronco2

Established Member
Perfect example on what happens when traffic doesn't slow the vette down.

Like gtspartan said, It appears a little more telling, but that's why RR has just too many variable to make the call.

The oval is the only place i could've passed him because he had slowed down there every lap. I didn't because i knew he was faster then me and track etiquette is to let the quicker car go and within a few turns he would be gone anyways. I could've passed him and posted i beat a ZR1 but that's not the truth.

Most of you have never been on an oval. A smaller percentage have never been on one over 120mph. Even less then that have been on one with a few dips in it, which at 120+mph is a real pucker facter, first few times all you think is the car is going to spin and end up in the wall. With a $100,000+ car would you dare go faster then you are comfortable with? A few more track days and i won't stand a chance.

RealQuick

Established Member
Like gtspartan said, It appears a little more telling, but that's why RR has just too many variable to make the call.

The oval is the only place i could've passed him because he had slowed down there every lap. I didn't because i knew he was faster then me and track etiquette is to let the quicker car go and within a few turns he would be gone anyways. I could've passed him and posted i beat a ZR1 but that's not the truth.

Most of you have never been on an oval. A smaller percentage have never been on one over 120mph. Even less then that have been on one with a few dips in it, which at 120+mph is a real pucker facter, first few times all you think is the car is going to spin and end up in the wall. With a $100,000+ car would you dare go faster then you are comfortable with? A few more track days and i won't stand a chance.

you make a great point. Clearly you are more confident in your car's capabilities (due to your experience) than he was in his car (probably less seat time in his ride). Good video none the less, and you deinfitely can handle your car!

Deuuuce

Established Member

Not only that, it has the magnetic shocks that adjust quite nicely for rebound and jounce so it's ideal for dips.

I still say something isn't set up correctly with your cooling system. I suspect if you upgraded to a GT500 style front fascia, would still be a problem (in other words, not airflow)?

Is there a GT500 radiator or Ford GT radiator (or is that a split system?) that you can upgrade to? And a higher capacity water pump as well?

racebronco2

Established Member
Not only that, it has the magnetic shocks that adjust quite nicely for rebound and jounce so it's ideal for dips.

I still say something isn't set up correctly with your cooling system. I suspect if you upgraded to a GT500 style front fascia, would still be a problem (in other words, not airflow)?

Is there a GT500 radiator or Ford GT radiator (or is that a split system?) that you can upgrade to? And a higher capacity water pump as well?

I am the person who found out what it takes to keep our cars cool. I have one of the coolest running pullied cobra around. If you have any proof i would like to see what you've come up with. I have seen pullied gt500 overheat at the track in 90* weather. I have seen numerous ford gt's go into limp mode. The radiator is not the problem. Look at grigg's red gr40 vert, he added vents in his bumper cover to get enough airflow.

Deuuuce

Established Member
I am the person who found out what it takes to keep our cars cool. I have one of the coolest running pullied cobra around. If you have any proof i would like to see what you've come up with. I have seen pullied gt500 overheat at the track in 90* weather. I have seen numerous ford gt's go into limp mode. The radiator is not the problem. Look at grigg's red gr40 vert, he added vents in his bumper cover to get enough airflow.

I have a few more questions so I can understand it better.

What are the coolant and oil temps when this occurs?

Have you upgraded the radiator and water pump? If so, it seems the only solution is much better airflow with intakes and vents.

Deuuuce

Established Member

Have you upgraded the radiator and water pump? If so, it seems the only solution is much better airflow with intakes and vents. Are you going to do that? What about Silverstate Classic competitors?

racebronco2

Established Member

Have you upgraded the radiator and water pump? If so, it seems the only solution is much better airflow with intakes and vents. Are you going to do that? What about Silverstate Classic competitors?

Engine temps close to 260* and the terminators don't have oil temp sensors.

Do a search and you will find many posts about what works and what doesn't, including datalogs and the only best cooling mod that actually lowers engine temps. One guy even removed his a/c and installed a huge h/e and it didn't lower his engine temps at all.

I don't know much about the Silverstate Classic competitors but i would guess that most of them are n/a cars. FI cars need alot more cooling.

Users who are viewing this thread