ZR1 on the road course, 04 cobra chase car

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Very cool man, looks like you had a great time, good show for the Cobra.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I eventually want to get my car setup for road racing. That looks like it was a blast! Awesome job!! You can definitely drive!

ScoJack

Established Member
That was awesome! I love the sound of the Eaton too! How fast were you going on the bank there? It looked like you were rolling pretty good!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Oh man I'd like to see your Cobra with a KB and another 150rwhp+ :rockon:

Nice driving.

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
Oh man I'd like to see your Cobra with a KB and another 150rwhp+ :rockon:

Nice driving.

More power on a road course isn't always a good thing :shrug: Drifting FTL Nice driving dude, You held your own thats for sure. Those ZR1's are nasty on a road course!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
More power on a road course isn't always a good thing :shrug: Drifting FTL Nice driving dude, You held your own thats for sure. Those ZR1's are nasty on a road course!

I agree, but Cobras aren't exactly super balanced lightweight cars. 450rwhp from a pullied stock heaton is not a whole lot of power for our cars.

mikedi5775

Established Member
Who are you people kidding? The ONLY reason, and I mean ONLY reason, that that was even close, was that the there were cars in front of the ZR1. Who are you guys kidding right now?:bash:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Who are you people kidding? The ONLY reason, and I mean ONLY reason, that that was even close, was that the there were cars in front of the ZR1. Who are you guys kidding right now?:bash:

that helped, but not as much as you'd think.. what amazed me, was how good the Terminator hung on the banked oval.. the ZR1 pulled away a little at first, but after that...
:rockon::rockon:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

I dont think you saw the same video as everyone else.....

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
that helped, but not as much as you'd think.. what amazed me, was how good the Terminator hung on the banked oval.. the ZR1 pulled away a little at first, but after that...
:rockon::rockon:

Not taking anything away from the OP, but that ZR1 should have left him in the dust on that banked oval. Simple power to weight there.

Still very good driving. It's just impossible to judge two cars performance on a road course. So much is driver related

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
Cool vid, thanks for sharing. It's hard to get a perspective from the video, but were you two leaving some on the table in the braking zones?

Also, I'm curious about the rpms coming out of those turns - would a closer ratio transmission help you? It seems the ZR1 was squirting out of the corners pretty good there.

racebronco2

Established Member
Cool vid, thanks for sharing. It's hard to get a perspective from the video, but were you two leaving some on the table in the braking zones?

Also, I'm curious about the rpms coming out of those turns - would a closer ratio transmission help you? It seems the ZR1 was squirting out of the corners pretty good there.

I'm not sure if he was but i was hitting the anti-locks here and there. The ZR1 owner said he was entering the oval between 150mph and 170mph. I looked down once and the speedo read 150mph. I was in fifth gear which is .75 vs the stock fifth gear which is .80.

Sure if there was clear traffic ( picking where you want to pass is part of the game) he would've pulled away never to be seen, I thought he would be able to pull away on the straight faster then he did, knowing that he was about 300lbs lighter, 150 more hp and more aero.

Could he have done better, yes, he could've gone much faster in the oval. Could i have gone faster, yes, i could've passed him in the oval, (he was faster and i didn't want to slow him down) one of my tires was showing cords on the inside and my tires are about a year old. No excuses it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread