ZR1 Christmas Kill

Dubbnasty

Carolina Mountain Snake
Established Member
"Grinch" :) But I'm on your side...

This wasn't to you. It was to the "future ZR1 owner" who isn't giving credit to a decent story. And we are still waiting on his heart to grow 3 sizes and realize both, the OP & ZR driver, had a good time and are thankful for their cars. That's what Christmas is about.

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
I guess you didn't read the OP's mods.. he's NOT running a stock engine, that's known to come apart at high rpm in high gears.. a built MMR 5.3 engine won't do that and you can easily run higher boost and giggle juice and destroy your "pulley and tune" ZR1..

what does he need to satisfy you, twin turbo's putting down 1000+ hp to the ground to "satisfy" your need that a ZR1 isn't the fastest car on the road?

nothing will satisfy that douchebag, his bitching is the only way to justify the money he spent, i made my car go fast, i didn't write a check for it.

"So i look to my girl and she says lets see if we can take him."

You need to hang onto this girl! I like her competitive spirit!

Nice kill, Hangman. Sounds like the ZR1 driver was cool which goes to show that not all Vette drivers are jerks. Good luck with your car. Sounds like everything is moving in the right direction.

She's a cool girl who likes fast cars, can't complain there. Yeah the driver was a great sport, its losers like R1 who give vette drivers a bad rep.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
ZR1 so sexy........not as sexy as a cobra walking away from one!!! I hate how fanboys can't see past the cars they love.........there is always a faster car out there.

96vertsnake

Established Member
great story and great kill , lost me at the $120k money comment. Who cares?

It's simple, he built it. It's not about the money. And if thats what you think then you will never get it. It's about getting your hands dirty and the satisfaction that brings when its done. He didn't run down to the Government Motors dealership and write a check. He didn't even run down to the Ford dealership to buy a new Mustang.

He started with a low mileage, unmodified Cobra, put a plan together and built a killer package in the garage over the course of almost a year and a half. He got to feel the frustration and deal with all of the issues that go along with any build like this. Even having to pull the motor a month after the project was first completed because of a faulty valve spring that caused piston damage and spend more time(3 months)and money to FINALLY get it done. And now he has the SATISFACTION OF KNOWING THAT HE ACCOMPLISHED what he set out to do over a year ago, build a car that will compete and beat the best thats out there. All at the age of 23 while finishing college for under $40,000 including the car. That's what its about!

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
It's simple, he built it. It's not about the money. And if thats what you think then you will never get it. It's about getting your hands dirty and the satisfaction that brings when its done. He didn't run down to the Government Motors dealership and write a check. He didn't even run down to the Ford dealership to buy a new Mustang.

He started with a low mileage, unmodified Cobra, put a plan together and built a killer package in the garage over the course of almost a year and a half. He got to feel the frustration and deal with all of the issues that go along with any build like this. Even having to pull the motor a month after the project was first completed because of a faulty valve spring that caused piston damage and spend more time(3 months)and money to FINALLY get it done. And now he has the SATISFACTION OF KNOWING THAT HE ACCOMPLISHED what he set out to do over a year ago, build a car that will compete and beat the best thats out there. All at the age of 23 while finishing college for under $40,000 including the car. That's what its about!

yo pop i think f8l VNM was givin props, its all good im just glad for the good kill, thanks for the comments guys.

CobraKid04

Established Member
ZR1 so sexy........not as sexy as a cobra walking away from one!!! I hate how fanboys can't see past the cars they love.........there is always a faster car out there.

I feel the same way. Whenever I see a fast/nice car, I give it props.

OP good kill. Thats basically why the TERMINATOR was created.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Why is it a vette guy is on a Ford SVT board anyway???

No this is not the right attitude :nonono:. Guys like camaro94 don't have an SVT but contribute way more than most that do. It makes the site better that it's more diverse. If we only had mustang guys then there would be no one to call bs on some kills or educate people. There's a big difference between a fanboy troll and those who contribute :)

flS/R

Established Member
I love hearing kill stories like this. Next time he comes up to any mustang he will always have to remember the one that walked away from him

good kill for sure and props for having a girl who appreciates your car

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
No this is not the right attitude :nonono:. Guys like camaro94 don't have an SVT but contribute way more than most that do. It makes the site better that it's more diverse. If we only had mustang guys then there would be no one to call bs on some kills or educate people. There's a big difference between a fanboy troll and those who contribute :)

agreed

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
^^^^^^ bat shit crazy had me falling out of my chair lol. Older guy that comes out to the car meets has a ZR1. One day he was beside me on the interstate and looked over and gave me a couple of honks. At about 60 mph we hit them. I nailed it in 2nd not sure of his gear. He jumped and two gears later he was about 6-7 cars behind.

Got to the spot and he said he was in 4th and he needed another mile to catch me. Heads up in the right gear he would still have to chase. They're great cars but can be beat with poor drivers. Even with a good drive they are not guranteed the win

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Good kill, ZR1s are animals.

so....truth is you let off when you ran out of gear while it was gaining and just starting to wake up at that speed. Don't hate and knock the $120k as you know it's a world class supercar that CAN do 200 mph+ and has just run a 10.30 @ 132 on Dr's, or 10.66 off the showroom floor.

Don't mind him, he's a bitter troll that hates anything with a Ford badge, (ironically on a Ford site).

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member

So essentially what you are saying is that since some of us can now afford a more expensive car we never wrenched in our lives?

96vertsnake

Established Member
So essentially what you are saying is that since some of us can now afford a more expensive car we never wrenched in our lives?

No, that's not what I said. I said the OP has the satisfaction of knowing that he built a car that can compete and beat the best out there.

I have no idea of your wrenching abilities, but I know the OP built a car worthy of a car magazine cover in his garage that walks away from ZR1's.

Don't fixate on the check book. After all, you're the one who wrote"Who cares?".

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
My perspective:

If you are posting street race results then you are interested and enjoy the thrill and competition associated with a speed/quickness contest between two vehicles. This being said- the outcome of that particular match up is the end result: a race and a winner of that race. The conclusion to be drawn is that for that race, the winning car was the winner. No more.

If a platform wins that does not cost as much as the platform that loses there isn't much to be drawn from that. The speed/quickness of the cars is determined by (generally speaking):

Platform + Modifications + Environment + Driver

The environment is a noise factor and cannot be controlled by the drivers.

You can pick your platform and yes- price typically limits what platform is chosen. However, some who intend to modify their platform will select accordingly and price then becomes less of an issue. Money and time are then invested in modifications. If your platform is better equipped as purchased you may spend less on mods. If not, more. The true cost of the vehicle is:

Platform cost + Modification(s) cost

It is plausible that in the search for speed/quickness many will invest more in modification costs than was spent on the platform cost. The final result however is not total cost invested but speed/quickness. The money factor is the wrong metric. Who wins the race is the right one.

Determinations of who could afford what are irrelevant. Determining that the winning platform is better (or that the losing platform is better so the story must be flawed) is another irrelevancy. Class warfare is injected into the debate because one car lost. What matters is who won that race. Speed and quickness are all that matters. The rest is just injected confusion that is utilized when someone does not like a certain result.

Of course the driver matters. It is another noise factor though. You don't select the quality of the driver you're facing when you initiate an ad hoc street race. You find out if the driver can drive during the race. And if you lose- then you lost:

Maybe their platform was better.
Maybe more was spent on the proper modifications.
Maybe the driver was better.
Maybe the environment was not in your favor.
Maybe...

What is certain is that you lost. Learn from it and improve.

Last edited:

holzmach

Established Member
by the way r1 lello you are not getting the top dog for the money you are spending. i would rather have this

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paRiaFAoMD0&feature=endscreen&NR=1"]Randy Hopkins Record Run - YouTube[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread