ZOOM D2 twin disc clutch??

z28misfit

Established Member
my two choices are either this Zoom setup or a Spec 3+ with their billet steel flywheel. I had a Spec 3 in my 99z28 and it was great but Ive never used a Zoom before.

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
It has a 10 spline. Does you have a 10 or 26 in your car? Also if you have a 10, I would consider upgrading to a 26 spline while you are changing your clutch. The stock 10 spline have a tendency to brake under a more aggressive clutch.

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
The T56 Trans is strong the only weak point in the 10 spline. So I would say get the spec 3+ plus the 26 spline, with that combo you should be good up to 700hp I believe. If I am wrong someone please step in and correct me. Also if you break the 10 and then upgrade to the 26 you will need to get another clutch to match. So it will end up costing more money in the end.

z28misfit

Established Member
Yeah I understand what you are saying. I mostly street drive the car and barely race it so I was hoping the stock 10 spline lasts just for this season

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
I don't know anything about the company to be honest. But get the 26 spline if you are going to do it. Even if the clutch goes you still have the 26 spline done already and a little peace of mind.

z28misfit

Established Member
Just ended up ordering an ACT clutch for now. It has a 770lb torque rating. I wanted a Spec but we have a garage account with Summit so my price on the ACT clutch wasnt too bad. If the 10spline input breaks I guess Ill worry about that then. I dont forsee much track time this year anyways so if I can make it through the season then Ill be happy for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread