Zoom Clutch kits???

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
Does anyone have any info on the Zoom clutch kits? Good, bad...?

I'm shopping around and summit has Zoom and Centerforce, just thought I would see what others thought about the product. Thanks

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm looking to go with a Centerforce for my set up. I don't have any personal experience, but I knew some off roaders that ran the dual friction units with no problems.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
I have a zoom clutch installed on my car. Nothing but good things to say about it, break in miles weren't even that bad. Zooms' customer service is also very helpful, or at least they have been for me.

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
I have a zoom clutch installed on my car. Nothing but good things to say about it, break in miles weren't even that bad. Zooms' customer service is also very helpful, or at least they have been for me.

Thats good to hear, do you remember which clutch kit you went with and where you purchased it from?

tistan

Established Member
Me and my buddy both ran one in our 5.0 about 7 or 8 years ago because advanced auto kept them in stock. They were junk. Mine wore out in 8k miles, and his throw out bearing that came with the kit went out after a month.

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
Me and my buddy both ran one in our 5.0 about 7 or 8 years ago because advanced auto kept them in stock. They were junk. Mine wore out in 8k miles, and his throw out bearing that came with the kit went out after a month.

Guess I'll play it safe and go with the better known/reviewed centerforce or SPEC

jmichalicek

Established Member
I'm looking to go with a Centerforce for my set up. I don't have any personal experience, but I knew some off roaders that ran the dual friction units with no problems.
I liked my Centerforce Dual Friction on my old 5.0. It was total overkill for the car, but whatever, it was cool. I always have had more money than sense, which is sad, because I don't have all that much money.

Users who are viewing this thread