Zone 5 Mafxtender installation ?

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
When cutting the PCM pin 88 wire and the sensor wire, do you leave one side disconnected?

I'm assuming the white wire from the MAFxtender connects to the cut Pin 88 wire going into the PCM, and the gray wire from the MAFxtender connects to the sensor wire going away from the PCM. So are there two wires (one coming out of the PCM, and one going to it) left disconnected?

Does anyone have a picture of it installed I could reference? Thanks.

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
PIN 88 wire is the MAF sensor wire...

just cut that wire and splice MAFX inline

white wire to PCM side and gray to sensor side

Last edited:

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
JB said:
PIN 88 wire is the MAF sensor wire...

just cut that wire and splice MAFX inline

white wire to PCM side and gray to sensor side

Thank you.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i'd rather not cut into the wires. the mafia is plug and play.

there is some adjusting that needs to be done--the mafx comes with a tuning table, that my tuner used. mine is set on the lowest setting above stock.

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
kirks5oh said:
i'd rather not cut into the wires. the mafia is plug and play.

there is some adjusting that needs to be done--the mafx comes with a tuning table, that my tuner used. mine is set on the lowest setting above stock.

I can understand that. I got into the harness last night and it looks intimidating. Trying to trace the wire back far enough to cut is somewhat of a pain, but not impossible. I saved $100 by buying the MAFxtender, so the trade off is worth it for me.

Did you use the jumper when you drove to the tuner, or did you just set all the switches to "off"?

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I used the jumper to drive to the tuner and didnt peg my MAF so the bypass is still in, I regret chopping into my brain harness and my tuner wants to use a sct big azz (and I dont blame him to keep low end resolution) which is salt in an open wound.
On the plus side I soldered all the connections and should never have a problem with the bypass in there :)

If you are not going to solder the wires (it's fun:)) it isnt worth doing IMO, maf signal cant have any voltage drop and useless connectors=resistance & voltage drop.

I do not want to use the SCT MAF due to the ugly plastic housing and flanged inlet connection but my tuner says it "might take him 3 hours to tune it" last tune was very quick and the a/f and hp #'s were perfect on the 2nd pull and only 2 pulls were needed, the guy is good but is kinda anti mafxtender. I might just say go ahead with the 3 hours and make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread