ZO6 at Road America

2003BlkSVTL

Established Member
Nice!

Thanks man! Looks like a lot of fun. It's kind of discouraging though, seeing all the cobras being passed like yugos! Makes my GT look even slower!!!

Great videos and nice driving man!

FLYNLO

Established Member
Re: Nice!

Originally posted by 2002blkgt
Thanks man! Looks like a lot of fun. It's kind of discouraging though, seeing all the cobras being passed like yugos! Makes my GT look even slower!!!

Great videos and nice driving man!

Thanks, but it wasn't me doing the driving. The guy driving has ALOT of experience. While the car is capable, that dude is really making it look easy.

FLYNLO

Established Member
Originally posted by svo_dave
What kind of laptimes does he run at Road America?

I think they were right at 2:30 give or take a few seconds. I get a kick out of watching that porsche go in the straights.....damn that thing is crazy.

svo_dave

Established Member
Are you sure like 3:30's. I know a real good driver with a 800 horse viper that runs that, so that z06 hasd got to be hooked to the max to run those kind of times.

FLYNLO

Established Member
Originally posted by svo_dave
Are you sure like 3:30's. I know a real good driver with a 800 horse viper that runs that, so that z06 hasd got to be hooked to the max to run those kind of times.

Dave, I don't mean to sound like a vette dude that is not on a vette board(if you know what I mean) but a ZO6 IS hooked to the max right off of the showroom floor. The suspension of the camera car is bone stock....lowered on the stock bolts and the camber adjusted accordingly. Last year's T1 record at that track was 2:29(per internet so I dunno for sure)....so these guys are very very good(in case you couldn't tell by the video). Below is a link to the original post on the ZO6 forum. The driver of the camera car is the original poster and he answers some questions from the peanut gallery.

http://z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35582&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

svo_dave

Established Member
No, I am not saying I don't believe you, and I know z06's are hooked from the factory. It's just Jeremy Behrendt's 99 cobra ran I think a mid 2:30 there. And if any of you guys know his car, it should take a very hooked up z06 to beat it. Maybe the zo6 times were hotlaps and Jeremy's wasn't? Also my computer won't let me watch those vids for some reason.

Last edited:

FLYNLO

Established Member
Videos back up

I know some folks missed out on this and wanted to see it. Some great videos....enjoy....Bring it to the top.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Proof that the Z06 isn't meant for straight lines. I know the driver, and he's no John Force at the drag strip. However, he runs a mean lap time.:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread