Zl1 you are done!!!

YD-LUZ

Established Member
I don't have any other game.

Good, I'll let the racing talk, I just hope to have a lot of fun races. I had a twin turbo 2v a couple of years ago, it ran pretty good and was a lot of fun. My red cobra was a 6-speed, have not driven yet with 4R, but, hoping it gives the f-body gang a ford to contend with. There is some very fast shit coming, I can't wait.

MyLittlePwny

Established Member
Good, I'll let the racing talk, I just hope to have a lot of fun races. I had a twin turbo 2v a couple of years ago, it ran pretty good and was a lot of fun. My red cobra was a 6-speed, have not driven yet with 4R, but, hoping it gives the f-body gang a ford to contend with. There is some very fast shit coming, I can't wait.
You'll love the auto. What converter and valve body did you go with?

Funny5.0

Established Member
The ZL1 is way overrated, there was one at our local track and the best run he could make, on drag radials with an auto trans and NO traction problems was 12.63@111 MPH. That to me doesnt add up to 580 HP

Good kill and I agree straight line performance in these car are a little disappointing...

My SS L99 auto ($20k less)with a custom tune, high flow cats and intake(less than $1000 installed) will do mid 12's @112 all day on 20inch street tires.

The auto ZL1 puts down around 480/500 like 20% Drivetrain loss
The manual around 500/500 a little less than 15%
Drivetrain loss says crank rating about right to me.

Change the pulley with a tune and these cars can put down some numbers.

In the end I'd take a ZL1 over a Boss but definitely not over a 13'GT500.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread