Zl1 you are done!!!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Was heading onto the highway this morning on my way home in my 2012 BOSS when I had a brand new black ZL1 pull up next to me in the turning lane. there are two turning lanes to get on the highway and then a toll right before it merges into one lane.

It was an older guy and I had a feeling he was going to try and do something...once the light turned green I slowly turned and approached the toll to get onto the highway, he came around the turn much harder and as soon as it went straight (after the toll) he hit it!

I hit it right with him and started pulling in second gear on him before it merged into one lane, he stays next to me and ends up on the shoulder still trying to race me!! I was like wtf! brand new ZL1 and he's on the shoulder kicking debri all over the place!

Once I saw him do that I slowed down and let him go. I see his taillights hit a few moments later as if he is waiting for me! LOLOL! I get around a few cars and we have a HUGE opening in front of us with 4 lanes and nothing but space.

I get down around 45-50 in second gear and he points and tells me to hit it. I agree and hit it first. I immediatly pulled 3-4 cars on him and just kept on pulling all the way past 120ish. By then I was 7-8 cars ahead.

I slow down and he catches back up and raises one finger up to go one more time....I gave him the hit this time, same speed and immediatly stopped his pull and kept on pulling (6-7 cars) all the way past 120ish.We both slowed down and he gave me the thumbs up and exited off the highway a short time later.

I have to be honest, I really thought it would be closer! I can't imagine what would happen if I ran into an SS camaro. Are these really that much faster??? It seemed to be an automatic ZL1, I have no clue if there faster but I did not notice him shifting at all and remember him having both hands on the wheel when I did see him.

My mods are AED performance tune, cat delete and steeda intake. Pretty sure his ZL1 was a bone stock auto...

I tried my best to video tape the race but I could not hold the camera with one hand and shift with the other and steer at the same time! LOL! This would have been a youtube sensation if I caught it on video!

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
Nice kill! I really need to get my car tuned by Shaun but I'm having problems with the SCT software on my laptop. ::sad panda::
I'd like to run a ZL1 to see where my car stands.

Unrealford

Established Member
What pisses me off is, everytime I go to the track. , once a month. I never never see SS or ZL1s, people in my area don't seem to track them.
I actually see more Vettes and Infinites and BMW's. I've been dying to race one with drag radials. Me on drag radials isn't even worth it..
When I do get a chance I want it to be fair.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sweet kill. I'm running catless racing exhaust, CAI with a tune and I'm telling you my 5.0 is as fast as my SC Mach 1. Throw in the fact he has all the extra goodies that come with the boss and I can believe his story.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If anyone else would like to jack this thread go right ahead.

It isn't about anyone else other than the OP and his story.

And to the one who got a warrning already, Go ahead, make my day.
And no that isn't a open invitation to respond either.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Solid kill. Based on what we've seen so far from the ZL1, stock for stock, a Boss and a ZL1 seem pretty even. I'm not sure why this is so hard to believe, especially with a modded Boss.

dynasty_365

Established Member
Yea a boss is like 3500 pounds or so and a zl1 is like 4100 pounds. If zl1's putting down 460-480rwph and a boss puts down around 400 and with his mods he Oughta b around 430ish it's totally possible for him to whip a zl1

gs462

Established Member
The ZL1 is way overrated, there was one at our local track and the best run he could make, on drag radials with an auto trans and NO traction problems was 12.63@111 MPH. That to me doesnt add up to 580 HP

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
The ZL1 is way overrated, there was one at our local track and the best run he could make, on drag radials with an auto trans and NO traction problems was 12.63@111 MPH. That to me doesnt add up to 580 HP

4200+ with diver + poor intercooling + 580@the crank adds up every time.

Problem is GM over hyped the car.

SneakyPete

Banned
Technology has come A LONG way and Ford is at the fore front of it.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

:bs::nono:

OVER-GENERALIZATION POLICE, please pull over. I think you meant to say the above + ..."in America". we are well behind Europe and the land of the rising sun based on how badly the GTR shat on everything in it's price range when it debuted. Also, 599xx? F12? 458? Aventador? Honda building F1 engines for the past 20 years, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread