ZL1 camaro not a production car... Built by SLP...

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
2011 ZL1 is a very limited production package from SLP.

2012 ZL1 is a production car from Chevrolet. Pricing and other details are still TBD last I saw.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
They wont be able to make it the same price as the Shelby... It will be more and also with a weaker short block then the 5.4...

can you provide us with a link to where you are getting your information from? Not saying you are wrong but.....

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
I don't have a link I have all the paper work hear with me from SLP and I spent a hour with the SLP guys at the international auto show in Toronto... Must of asked the guy a million questions... Just e-mail SLP... Let me rephrase what I meant.. The guy at SLP said that they don't figure that the camaro will be able to exceed more that 750hp without problems... I can post a pic of what's in the ZL1 with 750hp if you want... I know that once the cars are out we will find out...

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
The production ZL-1 has an LSA. The SLP car is no different then a Roush.

You Sir are correct!

Pure_Evil_GT500: ZL1 Pricing has not been released, but the car will be priced to compete with the GT 500.

The ZL1 will have a LSA 6.2 L SC Engine the same engine as the CTS-V Caddy.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
lol the SLP ZL1 has been out for ever. The new ZL1 you have been hearing about is from Chevrolet not SLP.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Both of your posts are right!
SLP makes a ZL1 as a aftermarket vendor. Like Roush or Saleen does with the mustang.
GM will make a production ZL1 in 2012 with a LSA SC in it, and it does not have forged internals like the GT 500.

CPRsm

You guys have to remember when a aftermarket company does it, it will always be more. They have to buy the car. Which means they obviously don't get the same pricing cost as if Chevy actually did it. I would imagine if Chevy did it, it would be a good 10k cheaper, at least. They would have the purchase power to buy LOTS of parts in bulk also. Which SLP may not be able to do.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Both of your posts are right!
SLP makes a ZL1 as a aftermarket vendor. Like Roush or Saleen does with the mustang.
GM will make a production ZL1 in 2012 with a LSA SC in it, and it does not have forged internals like the GT 500.

that is right which means alot of chevy boys will be blowing engines to compete against the GT500, the vett is still a much better car for the money than any camero

Yellow Horse

Established Member
that is right which means alot of chevy boys will be blowing engines to compete against the GT500, the vett is still a much better car for the money than any camero

That's why I think it will flop. It will be out of the targeted markets price range. Saw a black one today on my way to work in my GT500.

I don't care what anybody says, that car is butt ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread