Zip Tying IMRCs

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
OK,

I know how to do this. I've read the How To, I've seen the pics.

However.....doing this is much harder than anyone likes to admit. The driver's side went pretty quickly but it's the passenger's side that's a biatch.

I've managed to get the zip tie around the IMRC but it slips off because of the angle. I don't have any really long zip ties so I'm using 2 ties together. I think this will work for me but I'm having trouble getting the zip ties low enough to grab the bottom of the IMRC control since it slips off the "normal" point. Anyone have any advice?

I'll do deletes and a tune when I can afford it.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
k, so i got the passenger side zip tied. i will never do that again except for money. a pile of it.

i dont have a CEL so i think the control box has an internal short. ive read that the motor draws 3.2A to open and settles to ~2A to keep open. im betting the heat the box lives in has degraded the electronics.

so how does it feel down low? well, if youve ever driven a carb'd car that had the wrong squirter size, thats exactly what it feels uopn throttle tip in. if you've no idea what im talking about, then the car seems to stumble ever so slightly before returning to normal on normal acceleration. takes about a 1/2 second. car also seems to surge slightly at constant rpm under 2200rpm. its not terribly bad but you can feel it. above 3000rpm? ive got a Cobra again. pulls so much harder now. im debating resetting the ecm to see if it helps. itll learn some over time i guess but not enough to matter.

previously, i could feel the IMRCs randomly opening and closing throughout the power band, or not at all.

Users who are viewing this thread