Zinc Yellow Terminator being saved from the crusher.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
As much as this issue has sucked, you are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. That's a positive turn of events Hopefully the new build will put a huge smile on your face when done. Continue to keep us posted.
Really thinking it will be a memorable experience all around. :ROFLMAO:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Happy Paul Rudd GIF by Saturday Night Live

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I did find the last guy to have ran the car. It had what he describes as a built engine with Todds cams and a 4.0 whipple on it. The videos he sent me were wild. Was pulling on what i was told to be a Yamaha R1. It got pulled apart due to finding a DSG roller that he wanted over the ZY. It does have some damage history on the car fax. A small rear end report from like 06 which appears to have just been a bumper cover, and a run in with a semi blowout on the interstate back in 2019.
received_1288500935257283-jpeg.1773236
Way late to the party and sorry about your misfortune. but I sold him that DSG as a roller. Small world.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Well, some minor changes in the build plans. The fox lake heads are no longer happening. Guy that's putting things together for me had like 3 sets of 4 thread heads he fixed in a month and asked if I was offended by switching to a set of 9 threads. Noting there are A LOT of stock port 03+ C heads making North of 800 horse, I'm not heartbroken. I'd rather not chuck a plug to gain a few horse.

That being said... Hotel is booked, parts are lined up, schedule planned on what's happening! The last week of March is coming fast!

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Current builder is nearing completion of my engine! Told me he found some stuff he wasn't happy to see on an engine with the 250 miles I had before it let go. Not saying I got a bad engine build last go around, but there were some things that needed addressing that got looked over.

T-time two weeks before I head to Texas! My truck will be loaded with 6.0 powerstroke parts, manual SN doors, and some navi engines to take south!

He keeps pestering me to bring down my car so he can teach me some dyno tuning stuff, but I don't have enough fuel system at the moment. There may have been another thing or two thrown into the build. :p

I'm so ready to get this thing done. It will be a LOT of learning for both him and I on each other's profession.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Well, two days of wrenching down, taking a day for my wife and I to go to DFW while we're waiting on some parts to show up. (Trans cooler lines were pretty rough.) I have a LOT more respect for engine builders and intake porters after seeing some of the stuff that they have to do for the finished products.

BTW if you haven't caught on, it's Matt Hayes from NEP building my engine. He has broken stuff, I have broken stuff, we both could help one another out.

P.S. just note there IS white girl music in his shop Playlist. So, your engines or intakes may have been put together to some Katy Perry. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 20240325_113658.jpg
    20240325_113658.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240325_185845.jpg
    20240325_185845.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240325_183845.jpg
    20240325_183845.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240324_111046.jpg
    20240324_111046.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 28
  • received_1383345499022461.jpeg
    received_1383345499022461.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 27

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Updates!

Matt's truck is running great. What an adventure that was! Always interesting being 10 hours away from your shop and tool box with all the stuff you're accustomed to using.

Engine was wrapped up after a crash course on degreeing cams. It's a lot simpler than I anticipated it being.

For anyone looking for an engine builder... I 100% suggest Matt Hayes at Never Enuff Performance down in Texas. If you're in the 4.6 groups on Facebook, you know him. He may rub some people the wrong way, but he is actually a really cool dude with a PRETHORA of knowledge. After seeing and learning what he does, I have a lot more respect for engine builders like him.

At this point, it's more of the same. Hurry up and wait. I want to correct some issues that I found when coming back apart. Just small stuff that I didn't know of, learned about, or just ignored to correct in the future.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Updates!

Matt's truck is running great. What an adventure that was! Always interesting being 10 hours away from your shop and tool box with all the stuff you're accustomed to using.

Engine was wrapped up after a crash course on degreeing cams. It's a lot simpler than I anticipated it being.

For anyone looking for an engine builder... I 100% suggest Matt Hayes at Never Enuff Performance down in Texas. If you're in the 4.6 groups on Facebook, you know him. He may rub some people the wrong way, but he is actually a really cool dude with a PRETHORA of knowledge. After seeing and learning what he does, I have a lot more respect for engine builders like him.

At this point, it's more of the same. Hurry up and wait. I want to correct some issues that I found when coming back apart. Just small stuff that I didn't know of, learned about, or just ignored to correct in the future.
Plethora*

And glorious that your stuff is coming together well.

Users who are viewing this thread