Zinc yellow coupe -- spun bearing $5k

bossracer

Established Member
2001 nearly stone stock coupe.

I had a Reman ford Mach 1 long block installed while I was in Afghanistan last summer. Came home in October. Engine has about 2500 mikes on it.

Spun a bearing last week. Not sure how bad. Engine is still in. Trans is out. Silver mess in the filter side of filter. Car didn't run long. It started making noise and was shut off. Winched it on to my trailer and took it to the shop.

Engine has 01 Cobra intake cams. Otherwise stock. Installed new flywheel, clutch and pressure plate at same time. This is an all aluminum stock Mach 1 engine. And you can have the engine that was pulled out last summer too. It's in a crate, in long block form.

Exhaust is Magnaflow catted x pipe to SLP Loudmouth mufflers to big tips. It is stupid loud. I love it.

Body is a solid 9.0. No dents. One door ding on drivers side. A couple small chips in hood. Interior is black. Drivers seat has the usual worn spot on the outside edge. Carpet is worn by accelerator pedal. Ac blows cold. Everything works. Polished wheels. Good stock sized tires. No smoking. No food inside.

Just over 100k on the ODO.

With last summer's replacement engine and install, I'm at over $14k in this car. Can't see putting another $4k in it to have another long block installed. I'd then have $18k in a car worth $10k at best. The 4k last summe was supposed to hold me over for many years. Lesson learned. Don't buy third party engines. If I would have paid just a little more for the engine from Ford, I'd have a warranty.

However, you can buy it for $5k put another 4k it and have some value in the car.

$5k is the offer to sell. Not interested in lower offers at this time.

I'll get some pics. But the car is not at my house. It looks just like all the other zinc yellow cobras with polished wheels and rear spoiler. Everything works. Well, accept the engine! Stock, except for the exhaust.

Last edited:

bossracer

Established Member
Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
I would be interested in the car since I have a new short block ready for install. Only thing is I'm looking to buy in January. I will actually have all the cash in October but there is some things I need to take care of. Need to move my family closer to where I work and pay off a few credit cards.

bossracer

Established Member
Not much response here.

Going to Craigslist this weekend. Then eBay the following week.

Will entertain offers now.

It is a solid car, with no issues other than the spun bearing. I'm out of cash to throw at it. Hate to part it out. But will if have to.

Red1990Lx

Established Member
I hate to say it, but I really wish you were closer. I have been looking for a cobra to do a fox swap. Its kind of hard to ship a non funtional car though. Your price is by far the best I have been able to find considering your car has a clean title as well. Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread