zex wet kit or not with kb 2.2

kb03cobra2.2

Established Member
I have a 03 cobra with a kb 2.2 car made 542 rwhp on mustang dyno very safe tune. Timing is conservative 19 deg total. A/f is 11.2 wot, 60lb inj with kb bap at 40% fuel system is at 66%. I found a zex wet kit with a ton of extras for $250 and its only had 4 bottles thru it. It has all the instructions fittings lines and original box. I want to run the 55 shot , please tell me ur thoughts on if a retune is nesassary or if it will be fine.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I ran a 75 shot with a kb2.2 at 19lbs and 21*of timing without issues. I made 793hp and 865tq but also was running water meth and most of the tuning was just changing the fuel jet to get the right af.. I ran the same tune but suggest you run 2 different ones to be safe..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kb03cobra2.2

Established Member
I pulled the gun , picked it afterwork today.
Hey 04silver what kind of fuel system was supporting the car at that hp level? Thanks man-

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I was actually running stock pumps with a bap and injectors but the meth helps a lot and just throwing that kit on I had to take out 25% fuel because it made it that rich. Its also a little different here in Colorado with altitude I can get away with a little more then most and I'm sure your gonna need pumps and injectors

2004silvercobra

Established Member
as long as you can supply enough to the rail you should be ok since that's where you will be pulling fuel from .. I also would run some race gas or water meth when spraying to be safe. I also heard you can mix 91 with E85 to get a higher octane but you would have to search that a little..

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Here's a piece of advice that could save you $5K-$8K...at a minimum...check your A/F ratio. I'd highly recommend spending the $500 and having it properly tuned. I'm not a fan of meth with a positive displacement blower.

I've run a wet kit with my 2.2L KB for years.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
Here's a piece of advice that could save you $5K-$8K...at a minimum...check your A/F ratio. I'd highly recommend spending the $500 and having it properly tuned. I'm not a fan of meth with a positive displacement blower.

Have you used meth? I have had it since 04 with zero issues and running 18-20lbs at 21* with a 75 shot on top of that for years so I would say it works and has zero affect on the blower like every one thinks... of course you would get it tuned but it works better to tune the fuel by changing the fuel pill and fine tune it after instead of adjusting all fuel in the tune with the recommended jet...

kb03cobra2.2

Established Member

I have a wideband already, car is tuned already with a safe tune for the current set-up. I was wondering if anyone had ran a nitrous setup non tuned and the results , good and bad. I dont plan on running the meth and water, just 55 shot of nitrous

2004silvercobra

Established Member
If you have a wide band you can get really close to the tune you want by adjusting the fuel to a bigger or smaller jet to get the AF you want, just watch the wideband carefully and you might want to take a little timing out at the same time just in case unless you run race gas...

kb03cobra2.2

Established Member
If you have a wide band you can get really close to the tune you want by adjusting the fuel to a bigger or smaller jet to get the AF you want, just watch the wideband carefully and you might want to take a little timing out at the same time just in case unless you run race gas...

Yep race gas will def be in the tank when sprayed just for safety! Thanks for the recommendations everyone:beer:

BadAzztt

Established Member
For those of you running nitrous on the same tune; what timing do you typically run and what's the largest shot you have run?

Users who are viewing this thread