Zex Question?

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
I have the Zex Nitrous kit, with the little purple box, anyway I have added a MSD window Switch, Well anyway for some reason when I actavate the Nitrous fuel starts sparying :shrug: But before I put in the window switch I had no problems, what is the damn deal?? :shrug:

97cobraheaven

Established Member
so when you arm the system, it starts spraying nitrous without even putting your foot on the gas? give me a little more detail as to what is goin on and i can help ya out a lot more

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
No it starts spraying FUEL, not nitrous! But maybe it would if the bottle was open? But it dose it without the car running. and if the car is running then the idel kicks up to about 1400rpm's? But I hooked the window switch up to the ground wire of the box, and Zex tech guy told me that the way theres works, yyou have to hook it to the power side is that right?

97cobraheaven

Established Member
you have an arming switch inside the car,correct, which turns on the purple box? with the window switch you have to put a relay in between the window switch and the arming switch. the relay is just a little black plug lookin thing with 4 prongs stickin out of it. the relay acts like a light switch. when the window switch hits your ON rpm, the relay then allows power to go through to your arming switch, which will be turned on but is now getting power to it. does that make since?

so i assume you have a wet kit... the only reason i can think that it is sprayin fuel is that the box is not programed correctly. was it sprayin fuel before the window switch was installed? i cant imagine the window switch having anything to do with the fuel being sprayed. i can post up some pics of how to connect a relay, so atleast that will be connected properly and then we can worry about the fuel issue.

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
97cobraheaven said:
you have an arming switch inside the car,correct, which turns on the purple box? with the window switch you have to put a relay in between the window switch and the arming switch. the relay is just a little black plug lookin thing with 4 prongs stickin out of it. the relay acts like a light switch. when the window switch hits your ON rpm, the relay then allows power to go through to your arming switch, which will be turned on but is now getting power to it. does that make since?

so i assume you have a wet kit... the only reason i can think that it is sprayin fuel is that the box is not programed correctly. was it sprayin fuel before the window switch was installed? i cant imagine the window switch having anything to do with the fuel being sprayed. i can post up some pics of how to connect a relay, so atleast that will be connected properly and then we can worry about the fuel issue.

Yeah, come to find out, Zex uses the TPS, and the ground wire to keep the memory to the box, SO with me useing the GROUND WIRE for the window switch, every time I turned the box off with the arming switch it would LOOSE it's memory.... (This is from Zex tech line) He told me to use the red wire (HOT WIRE) for the window switch through the relay, so I am going totry this, and see if this works if NOT ( then the window switch is going to get ran over by my car) LOL.... I really hope this works cause I am damn tired of this crap! MSD said one thing and Zex's said another :shrug:

97cobraheaven

Established Member
yeah, they are idiots. i will try and post some pics for you tomorrow. on my window switch i put the red(power) wire directly to the battery. then the white wire taps into a tach signal, the black wire is a ground (put that on a bolt on the body), then the yellow wire is connected to the relay i was talking about.

do not listen to what they are telling you!!!! I will get pics for you so that you can follow what i did! works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread