Zex Nitrous Kit 82023 ?

slvercobra04

Established Member
I have a nitrous kit 82023 made by Zex its a wet kit i have a 04 cobra mustang was wondering if safe to put on my car and if it is how much of a shot should i put on the car. My bolt ons are 2.8 pulley 100M idler pulley,
diablo predator programer,magnaflow exhaust,Open for opinons and best mods to do to my car.Thanks

Brad

Banned
slvercobra04 said:
I have a nitrous kit 82023 made by Zex its a wet kit i have a 04 cobra mustang was wondering if safe to put on my car and if it is how much of a shot should i put on the car. My bolt ons are 2.8 pulley 100M idler pulley,
diablo predator programer,magnaflow exhaust,Open for opinons and best mods to do to my car.Thanks

Tons of people have been using nitrous, I suggest starting with a small shot and working your way up, make sure you're tuned for it...

I don't know if that's the kit with the computer in it, I did some research a while back and decided against using that computer that comes with the kit, I forget what it does, but it didn't seem worth running.

slvercobra04

Established Member
Yes the zex kit comes with a little purple box that tells it how much nitrous to push out and fuel also

Brad

Banned
slvercobra04 said:
Yes the zex kit comes with a little purple box that tells it how much nitrous to push out and fuel also

I'd have to dig up notes I took a while ago, but something didn't seem right with that box, my conclusion was using jets and a good tune was better

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
I have this Kit. Out of the box, the Zex kit ran well, but rather rich. I recently had car tuned and is running safer tune now. However, being that you are supercharged, the richness from the zex kit may not affect you the same, since I am naturaly aspirated. I like the zex kit, and the purple box looks good under the hood versus a coupel big solenoids mounted on the side.

Regardless, install the kit, and before you hit it on the road, go to a dyno and hit the juice and make sure A/F is reasonable and safe. If tuning is required, so be it. After you know the car and N2O application is safe, go out and have some fun!!!!!

Brad

Banned
99Cobra#2468 said:
I have this Kit. Out of the box, the Zex kit ran well, but rather rich. I recently had car tuned and is running safer tune now. However, being that you are supercharged, the richness from the zex kit may not affect you the same, since I am naturaly aspirated. I like the zex kit, and the purple box looks good under the hood versus a coupel big solenoids mounted on the side.

Regardless, install the kit, and before you hit it on the road, go to a dyno and hit the juice and make sure A/F is reasonable and safe. If tuning is required, so be it. After you know the car and N2O application is safe, go out and have some fun!!!!!

What does the box do exactly, I forget? I'm a big fan of just getting n20 specific tunes myself.

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
The Zex computer box / solenoids regulate N2O pressure and fuel pressure. If pressure through the computer goes too low or high, the computer will cease the system from firing. To my knowledge, the Zex box does not monitor A/F ratios. This is why we need tuning for a respectable shot of N2O. For a 75 shot, it will run fine, like I said, a little on the rich side. The 125 shot also ran rich, and at that application, I did not want my car running that rich (on stock tune, from 5800 rpms on, my A/F was at 12.0 and falling quickly). This is where the damage can occur, at the higher rpm where we are pushing the engine.

But, you have other issues being supercharged, the Zex may keep you A/F right in line for your blown application. Being N/A, I was too rich in the high rpms, and was not looking forward to frying a pistons!

Think on bright side, you have two safety features built in to the Zex box. Any other kit, you have to pay for those extras. Now, I still run a N2O pressure guage to monitor the pressure, I like to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread