zex nitrous jets?

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
so i am about to finish up my nitrous kit intall and i have a question. i bought the kit used and he said it was jetted already for a 125 which is what i am going to use. I took the jets out just to check them and now im confused. on the nozzle connecting to the steeda intake the fuel side is number 54 and on the nitrous side is 34 but in the manual its the other way...are they backwards. here is a pic of the manual...
jets.jpg

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Yup they look backward but double check your lines as well. I have the exact same setup on my 08 GT but if I were you I'd carry a couple extra fuel and nitrous jets when you go to tune. Reason being that that chart is only a guideline, you may have to use a bigger nitrous/fuel jet combo to get that 125 shot. When I tuned my car, that combo came out to more of a 100 shot. Baseline was 300whp/311tq and on the spray it was 383whp/443tq (Mustang dyno numbers).

Last edited:

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
What you have now is setup:

34N / 54F right?

It should be 54N / 34 to get the 125 shot. The jets are not nitrous or fuel specific so they can be switched around. Just stick the number 54 jet into the nitrous side and the 34 jet into the fuel side.

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
thats how i have it now. so you are saying that maybe the lines were also switched so they were still jetted corectly just labled wrong?

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I think the original owner threw everything together without paying attention. I bought my kit used too and the original owner reversed the lines going from the NMU to the nozzle so my nitrous jet was being fed by the fuel outlet and fuel jet by the nitrous outlet. I basically took everything apart and redid it all for my piece of mind. Thank god the nozzles and outlets are all marked.

Last edited:

dogg502

Established Member
if u are using old nitrous jets make sure there not drilled out. i had that happen to a friend and it was bad.

Users who are viewing this thread