ZEX is fun!!

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I ran the 55 shot last night at the track for 7 runs. Lots of fun! Went through at 106+ several times, with no traction to speak of through first or second for that matter. My 60 foot times were worse than last year. My best et was 13.91, not impressive considering I ran what's in my sig with no nitrous. I used it on the highway on the way home and killed my buddies GT mustang really bad. I finally shut off the bottle, after a while. I read the plugs after every run, seemed fine. I'll wait for the Predator tuner to come out before I use it again. I just wanted to throw down a 13 something before I move to NC next month. Again, lots of fun, I highly reccomend trying it. :rockon: E-

Domesticated

Established Member
Sweet! I am sure you could get a mid to low 13 if you kept those 60ft times down. You might wanna invest in one of those FWD traction bars, those could prolly help. I swear I saw one for our focus somewhere. I'll look for it and post a link.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Primaris, I'm using my stockers, the Azenis Sport setup on my 16" snow rims never seemed to help me. I may try again next week. The SVT guys say I should put regular ZX-3 front brakes on so I can put on 14 or 15in rims with real slicks. I don't know if I can risk it, I love braking late into corners! E-

Primaris

Established Member
If you like cornering too, don't skimp on the brakes.

How heavy are the 16"ers? If they are heavier than the 17", not likely but possable, they will slow you down esp. in the 1/4mi.

If the rims are lighter, try a DOT race slick. After autoxing for a year on the stock conties I don't think they give up much traction to the Azenis.

2814v

Established Member
Do you still have the stock clutch and flywheel? If you do I am somewhat surprised its still holding up, let alone the trany.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Primaris, it will come to that, sooner rather than later probably. 281, stock everything except what's in my sig. The clutch is not slipping at all, but it sure rides higher than it used too! When that goes, I'll go stage 3, I don't think anyone makes a stage 2. The Focus Sport aluminum flywheel will go in too. Maybe if I'm feeling saucy that day, the Quaife too. Ahhh, it's good to dream. E-

Users who are viewing this thread