Zaino'ed the car today!

Red3

Established Member
me and my bro cleaned our cars today really good using my zaino stuff i had.

1. wash with Dawn
2. Claybar
3. Wash with Meguiars
4. Z-2
5. Z-5
6. Z-5
7. Z-2

still not perfect but it looks great now! this is some pics of both cars.

MyMustang107.jpg

MyMustang108.jpg

that was taken looking at my door
MyMustang109.jpg

MyMustang116.jpg

MyMustang122.jpg

MyMustang122.jpg

MyMustang126.jpg

MyMustang127.jpg

MyMustang128.jpg

MyMustang130.jpg

MyMustang131.jpg

MyMustang135.jpg

MyMustang140.jpg

MyMustang141.jpg

MyMustang142.jpg

MyMustang144.jpg

MyMustang143.jpg

MyMustang145.jpg

MyMustang149.jpg

MyMustang152.jpg

MyMustang155.jpg

MyMustang161.jpg

MyMustang159.jpg

Last edited:

Red3

Established Member
thanks this was about 4hrs of work and we didnt do inside yet. i spent like 2 min on my wheels. just wiped em off. i saw some things wrong still but its the best its ever looked since i got it. sun was a PITA too. some of my reflection shots look hazy cuz of sun. my car actually looks better in person than his lol. still not bad for a 9 yr old and 15 yr old cars!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Very nice although im not a big Zaino guy.

Did you use a buffer or all hand applications?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Red3 said:

Back2Black!

take the cowls off, freaking soak them in B2B, get a q-tip and scrub each individual honeycomb inset. Repeat till it stays black for a good amount of time. then after every other wash, just upkeep by popping it off and hitting it up with some sort of shine (i use tire shine lol)

Last edited:

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
Looks good.....typical Zaino "mirror" like finish. You didn't take a direct sun shot(ie. picture showing a reflection of the sun in the paint) so it makes me curious how much "correction" the paint may still need since none of the products you listed are abrasive.

Red3

Established Member
Back2Black!

take the cowls off, freaking soak them in B2B, get a q-tip and scrub each individual honeycomb inset. Repeat till it stays black for a good amount of time. then after every other wash, just upkeep by popping it off and hitting it up with some sort of shine (i use tire shine lol)

how do i pop them off? i wiped them off good before but they went back to that after a day so i didnt think it was worth the effort.

With the eibachs do you scrape at all?

YES! ON EVERYTHING! i hate it so much too. i want some h&r's so bad. i think its mostly cuz they are progressive springs but i scrape going down the road on rollin bumps and im sick of it!

Looks good.....typical Zaino "mirror" like finish. You didn't take a direct sun shot(ie. picture showing a reflection of the sun in the paint) so it makes me curious how much "correction" the paint may still need since none of the products you listed are abrasive.

i thought i had one. i will try and get one right now. it still isnt perfect but its a lot better than before. i was lazy a couple weeks ago and let a car wash wax it for me and there was a light haze on the front of my hood and its all gone now. gonna try and take a direct sunlight one.

Last edited:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
wow. I really wann atry that, my paint looks like crap. But I wonder it is worth it, or if my paint is too shot for it to matter. :shrug:

Red3

Established Member
wow. I really wann atry that, my paint looks like crap. But I wonder it is worth it, or if my paint is too shot for it to matter. :shrug:

send me some close ups cuz my bros paint was pretty crappy. its not great now but it is a lot better thaqn before and i will give u my opinion. there is some other stuff that is supposed to be good too

Nazman

Established Member
Looks good!

I would not utilize Dawn or any dish washing stuff on your paint. It will take and discard oils from your paint....eventually causing damage.

Naz

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
Dawn can be used in a situation like this. The OP used it to remove built up wax/etc, prior to laying down the Zaino sealant, otherwise a good bond would not have formed. A high quality car wash soap must be used afterwards, obviously.

Had the OP decided to polish the paint prior to appyling the sealant, dawn would not have been needed as any abrasive polish will remove wax/sealants.

Nazman

Established Member
Dawn can be used in a situation like this. The OP used it to remove built up wax/etc, prior to laying down the Zaino sealant, otherwise a good bond would not have formed. A high quality car wash soap must be used afterwards, obviously.

Had the OP decided to polish the paint prior to appyling the sealant, dawn would not have been needed as any abrasive polish will remove wax/sealants.

Ah....did not "noticed" that... :bored:

That is why they have automotive wax "stripper/remover"...:poke: .

I menitoned that so your average "do it your self" knows about the after-effects that utilizing Dawn or any other hosehold cleaners could do to your paint. :read:

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread