Zaino Wash & Wax Procedure ?

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
I recently bought some products from Zaino Brothers. I read long ago about using dawn dish soap first to strip all existing products from you car, then use the wash and wax method discribed by Zaino. Is this correct? It was a while ago, but I am almost sure I read this. Help. Thanks, Jaime. :??:

WS6DUDE

Slow Car Man.
Established Member
My procedure is
Dawn
claybar
Dawn
dry
then wax

You really need to claybar before applying a sealer like Zaino on your car

Last edited:

Scott P

Established Member
The directions that Zaino supplies are pretty clear. Surface prep is most important. You need to make sure the surface us totally cleaned and polished before you apply Zaino.

Wash the vehicle with regular car soap. Then, clay the car. Claying removes surface contaminants, overspray, bird residue, rail dust, etc. from the paint and makes it nice and smooth.

If you have no swirls and your paint is free of oxidation, then you can skip the polishing step. However, I wouldn't recommend it. If you have no swirls, you can use a paint cleaner or mild polish like Meguiar’s Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner, Poorboy’s Pro Polish or SSR1 or even Klasse All in One (AIO). This is a safer and much more effective method than the Dawn Wash.

If you have swirls, feel free to use a swirl remover that contains no fillers or oils. Zaino doesn’t do anything for swirls, despite the claims of Z-4. Z-f can be used to fill in micro-marring or the ever so lightest of swirls.

Once you have the car clean and polished, you can then follow the Zaino directions. Typically, I would do two coats (about 1 oz of product) of Zfx enabled Z-5 and one topper coat of Z-2 in one day. I would then follow up with one more coat of Z-2 the next day. I did use a quick spritz of Z-6 between layers.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Have fun with the Zaino. Been there, and I have moved on to better and easier things.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have a thread on here that has pics of my car with both tropi-care, and Zaino on it. You can very easily tell the difference.

WS6DUDE

Slow Car Man.
Established Member
Originally posted by Scott P

If you have no swirls and your paint is free of oxidation, then you can skip the polishing step. However, I wouldn't recommend it. If you have no swirls, you can use a paint cleaner or mild polish like Meguiar’s Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner, Poorboy’s Pro Polish or SSR1 or even Klasse All in One (AIO). This is a safer and much more effective method than the Dawn Wash.

If you use a cleaner, MAKE SURE it leaves no residue. The Zaino or Tropicare will adhere to the residue instead of your paint.

You don't want that.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by ws6dude
If you use a cleaner, MAKE SURE it leaves no residue. The Zaino or Tropicare will adhere to the residue instead of your paint.

You don't want that.

True. :beer:

Scott P

Established Member
Originally posted by ws6dude

You don't want that.

That's why I mentioned those cleaners. None of them leave any oils or fillers behind. The surface is squeaky clean and in much better condition than it would be with just a Dawn Wash and clay job.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
WhiteT3 go to www.zainobros.com and you'll find all the info you should need. Also you can e-mail or call them direct as they can answer any of your questions and very customer orinted. I used to use Zaino all the time but I found somthing better called Vanilla moose pics coming soon as i'm not done detailing. Thanks scott everything is looking good except for these 2 spots of scratches also can I use the Vanilla moose as much as I like even after waxing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread