Zaino user wanting to convert

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
I have been using the Zaino products for a year or two, just wanting to move on. I have been reading a lot of good things on Autogeek and Autopia about Poorboy's, Sonus, Klasse, etc. On my white Fox, the Zaino was fine. But now since I have a Sonic Blue Cobra, I want something that will give a deeper, wetter shine than Zaino. Overall, the paint on my car looks good, the average person would say it looks fine. But I notice there is quite a bit of spider-webbing on the surface. I was thinking about getting some SSR2.5, Klasse all in one, and Natty's P21S. I also saw the Sonus perfect shine kit . Now I have been detailing for a long time and I don't want some mediocre product. I have outgrown my Mothers and Meguiars phase long ago. I know how to use an orbital buffer, but I want to try to see how I can do just applying the product by hand first. I have searched the forums a little, and it seems like people's opinions are always changing. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Drew

NXGHOST

Established Member
On White for the Synthetics your best choices are Klasse Twins or Wolfgang Twins. You can top either with any Carnauba, Nattys is a good choice. Klasse AIO has the best and most durable swirl/defect hiding capabilities of any product on the market. It's the backbone to many popular detail combo's. Another good combo is Poorboys Polish w/carnauba topped with Poorboys Nattys. Here is a pic of the Polish w/carnauba topped with natty's

ChrisPaceCobraPwCNattys.jpg

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
I seriously don’t see sonus being the top choice for quality when compared to zaino or alomost any other products :-D . from what I know & have read zaino is respected for its reflection on light/silver cars. Your white Stang needs reflection more than anything. Autogeek has awsome prodcuts but dont get to comfortable reading their Marketing reviews you'll end up like me. :p at the moment im testing Fk1 products which have QUALITY written all over it. :rockon: But im glad you have decided to try something new.

hey i started using poorboy's a year ago & found much better prodcuts along the way. What i mean by this is that taste evolves & your curiosity will feed your need of perfection ;-)

Last edited:

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
Yeah I agree I have tried a lot of products as I used to detail at a car dealership for 3 years in college, and have been doing it on my own for God knwos how long. Do you think there is a better combo I should try than SSR2.5, Klasse AIO, then using P21S to top it? I am mainly just trying to get all my spider webs off of the clearcoat.

Drew

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
In the world of detailing products I consider the Sonus brand mid-level at best. I absolutely HATE The glaze they make, after talking to others I got the idea it wasn't just me. The Sonus pads are pretty good, not the best but better than many on the market. I like the Klasse twins, but lately I have really been pleased with the Menzerna line. Especially the quick detailer, I have really enjoyed using it. I see the mentioning of P21S, I really like the products they have and consider them good quality. I always have some of their products around because of their good price, good performance, and it is easy to use.

I used Zaino for about 2 years. I liked it but the car care industry really seems as if they have closed the gap and in some cases surpassed it. I still have some in my cabinet and use it from time to time on my other cars but rarely on the cobra any more.

Users who are viewing this thread