Z28 taking an 01'?

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Absolutely, off the line especially. The lack of torque and gearing the N/A Cobras had, made them slow for what they were stock.
Its just the opposite. With less power to put to the ground the cobra will hang on through 1st and 2nd. Once that big 5.7 gets churning it will really come on strong through in 3rd and 4th. In the end its still a drivers race but thats the typical outcome after endless experimenting.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
M SIX said:
Its just the opposite. With less power to put to the ground the cobra will hang on through 1st and 2nd. Once that big 5.7 gets churning it will really come on strong through in 3rd and 4th. In the end its still a drivers race but thats the typical outcome after endless experimenting.

:rolleyes: ummm no dude. With less power to put to the ground the Cobra will not hang.....at all. stock LS1 6 speed > stock N/A Cobra

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
M SIX said:

:bash: Wrong.

4vBlewDevil

HOW MUCH BOOST??
Established Member
a tid bit of info a guy dynoed his 99 ws6 ram air right after i did mine and he put down 298hp and 309lbs and that was stock they ran it a bunch of time and i got to see the tq curves...it goes pretty much stright up at like 3k...and my 01 coby well has a lazier tq curve. that motor will beat a stock cobra as long as the driver isnt retarded. most stock cobras only have like 279 ish at the wheels and a serious gearing deficency. good news is 4.10s, intake and cat back and you will be passes stock and lightly modded (intake exhaust) ss cameros. the biggest reason i didnt get a ss or trans am is that parts are way to much, but the power gains are big, and the mustang is well a mustang :)

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
:rolleyes: ummm no dude. With less power to put to the ground the Cobra will not hang.....at all. stock LS1 6 speed > stock N/A Cobra
ok dude, im just sharing what went down for me after a full summer of racing. After endless runs from a dig between a factory 01 cobra and a factory 02 Z28 6-speed we found that the cobra struggles but hangs on threw 1st and 2nd gear. After that the big 5.7 really comes on in 3rd and fourth gear as it swallows up the cobra. Could your experiences between the two cars be different? Yea, they could be... so dont tell me "no dude" when this is exactly what happened with my experiences.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
i ran my buddy's 00 Z28. he had exhaust. and i pulled him pretty good from a 20 punch or so. before i put the 4.30's in. :p

Users who are viewing this thread