Z06 vs. GT500

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
FWIW, I just raced a C6 ZO6, and with my short 160+ mph (wish I had GPS 'cause I had the needle buried for a little while) run with him I can say for sure that the GT500 does not have a snow ball's chance in hell on the street.

-Jeff

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
FWIW, I just raced a C6 ZO6, and with my short 160+ mph (wish I had GPS 'cause I had the needle buried for a little while) run with him I can say for sure that the GT500 does not have a snow ball's chance in hell on the street.

-Jeff

Course not - you'll have to stop for gas every 1/8th mile in a GT500.

WTG, Ford and Tai Thang. Give us a car that gets 12 MPG when gas is 3.00+/gallon.

I wouldn't be so upset if I didn't see the general getting better mileage out of bigger engines using 'inferior' pushrods.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am still getting around 17-18 mpg, and that is with my foot pinned to the floor every chance I get. At the worst I have seen 16.5 mpg. I hate to see what this next tank brings me though after that high speed run. I had just filled up the tank right before I got back onto the interstate.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
You guys shouldve seen the gt500 that my dad just brought home. Bright faucking orange with white stripes. SEX ON WHEELS :rockon:

mysnakebites04

Undercover
Established Member
Ford needs to make the new generation Mustangs smaller and lighter I agree. The Z06 is a bad ass car all the way around. It is a world class car with a reasonable price. The new GT500's are monsters. If you want to compare a Mustang to a Z06 compare it to the GT-R and look at the price difference. Chevrolet did a great job with the design of the new Camaro. When it hits the road we can talk about old rivals.

Users who are viewing this thread