Z06 vs. GT500

Squeeler92

Better gearing, better aerodynamics, lighter weight, more power under the curve, etc etc. Sure you could make the GT500 more powerful, but with it's god awful weight distribution, the more power you put into it, the more problems you will have getting traction. It ALREADY has an awful hard time getting that power to the ground STOCK. Sorry, but the Z06 is a better car. And it's about a full second quicker in the 1/4, but .5 secs. The Z06 is comparable to the Ford GT in performance, you saying the GT500 is even in the same league? I know this is a Ford site so it's biased, but I think most people would laugh at anyone who would compare the GT to the GT500, yet everyone and their grandmothers are placing the GT500 and Z06 in the same league....so what's up with that....??

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Sorry, but ZO6 > GT500. Hell, stock for stock, ZO6 > FORD GT.

-Jeff

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
am i the only here seeing that some people are not adding the $20k MARKUP on the MSPR price for the GT500 here in this thread????? $45k???

NOTE TO PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING THE GT500 IS GONNA BE $45k:
STOP DREAMING! try more like $65-$70k!! after the markup!!!

Ummm.....STICKER PRICE!!!! FAUCK mark-up price.

DonnieDarko

Established Member
If you know how to negotiate and not be a grape in the dealership, you'll be able to get the GT500 at MSRP. Dealerships pay under MSRP for them so even if they sold it at MSRP it'd still be like a 2 pounder for them. Fact is they mark up the vehicles so they can full pop GRAPES who have no NEGOTIATION SKILLS.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
DonnieDarko said:
If you know how to negotiate and not be a grape in the dealership, you'll be able to get the GT500 at MSRP. Dealerships pay under MSRP for them so even if they sold it at MSRP it'd still be like a 2 pounder for them. Fact is they mark up the vehicles so they can full pop GRAPES who have no NEGOTIATION SKILLS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: grapes :lol: :lol:

Orlandostang

Established Member
DonnieDarko said:

As long as there are people willing to buy a car above MSRP then dealers will mark up prices. And for a car like the GT500 there are a whole lot of people willing to buy GT500s for thousands over MSRP. It’s all about supply and demand. As long as the demand for GT500s is high, then dealers will mark up prices. You can negotiate all you want but if there is a guy behind you willing to pay over MSRP and not negotiate, then he will drive home with the GT500 and reinforce the dealers marked up price. Once demand falls, say next summer, then prices will begin to match MSRP and even drop below MSRP if supply is high and demand is low, just like what happened with the terminator. I suspect though that the GT500 will have a very high demand to the middle aged I wanted 67 GT500 as a kid crowd. These are the guys that can afford to pay 50K+ for a mustang, and they will, because it’s not just a car to them, it's the essence of an era, it is "THE GT500". Ford was very clever in bringing back the GT500 at just the right time and the dealers are going to take that idea right to the bank.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
haha we cant FACK the markup price, cause it's GONNA BE SLAPPED ON THERE! lol

For the first few months....then it'll drop like everything else. :beer:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
wals9331 said:
For the first few months....then it'll drop like everything else. :beer:

i still markups on new 06 GTs!! aswell as 05's!! after a few months the markup might go down some, yes....but gone...nope!

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
i still markups on new 06 GTs!! aswell as 05's!! after a few months the markup might go down some, yes....but gone...nope!

I can find a number of dealers that will sell me a brand new 06 GT for sticker.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
hard to find some here in california ;)

Shelby GT500 or Corvette C6? If it's me buying, I'll be driving away in the GM product. My opinion is that Ford gave the enthusiasts what they didn't want - a fat, powerful car that is more like a luxobarge than a Mustang.

I love Mustangs, but I'm not paying 45K for one.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
the thing that put me on the "upset" side on about the GT500 was...

1. WEIGHT!!!!!!
2. Not a handling car

trust me, i LOVE the GT500, but not nearly as i love the Z06....and the z06 gets KILLER MPG!!!! lol

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
WRONG FORUM!

I agree GT500 is overweight and over-rated.

I'm actually considering the opposite type of car.. Lotus Elise: 1900lbs, 190hp stock. 0-60 4.7, razor sharp handling (...and factory supercharger kit in the works)

edit, I cant believe there are so many people that are disappointed with the GT500, I was getting flamed bigtime on the GT500 forum and I finally gave up and stopped reading that forum.

Last edited:

Orlandostang

Established Member
Serpentor said:
edit, I cant believe there are so many people that are disappointed with the GT500, I was getting flamed bigtime on the GT500 forum and I finally gave up and stopped reading that forum.

I think that is exactly why we are talking about this here where we are safe from the uber GT500 lovers.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to have a GT500 as a kick arse street car but...

To me it seems as if Ford is taking the mustang, the "Cobra/GT500" model especially, away from a well balanced sports car and closer to a street/strip car.

The 99/01 is very well balanced Mustang and has the potential to be what ever you want it to be, be it street, strip, or road course. :rolling:

The Terminator makes great power but at the cost of extra weight and worse balance. :burnout:

Now the GT500 is like a Super Terminator with big power numbers :burnout: but big weight numbers to match. :xpl:

I think the GT500 will be a great Mustang in its own right, but I just wish Ford would have made a more balanced Cobra using the same formula as the 99/01. :D

I'm sorry, I know I am biased b/c I love my New Edge, 99/01s RULE :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread