Z06 vs GT3 vs R8 drag race

IA Shelby

Established Member
impressive video. Go over on GT500 Forum and many will claim the z06 is lacking and kills the new z06 in a “roll race”.

I would take the new Z06 in a heartbeat over the 2020 GT500.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Running that time on an unprepared surface is pretty darn impressive by any measure.

I know it's not a 1/4 car, but someone will eek out a 10.2-3 in one of these.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
That was a badass video. I wish I didn't live at elevation. That 670 hp gets chopped to 516 in my driveway...

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i have been a fan of the R8 since ironman and that car is my least favorite here. great video, that Z06 is gonna go a few levels past "hurt feelings" i'm afraid

IA Shelby

Established Member
I called my local dealer which is a top 5 Chevy dealer nationally. He said they had over 100 people with deposits and they expect an allocation of a 10 a year.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
impressive video. Go over on GT500 Forum and many will claim the z06 is lacking and kills the new z06 in a “roll race”.

I would take the new Z06 in a heartbeat over the 2020 GT500.
The c8z is on another level, it wasnt even designed with drag racing or roll racing in mind and it does pretty well. I just wonder how well it will respond to boost.

Either way id take the z also, preferably in retractable hardtop.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
The guy on the bike was sick. Perfect launch perfect wheelie all the way down the track. If the c8 z06 could be purchased for sticker I would be trying real hard to get one. There is no way I am paying dealer markup on anything. There is to many cool cars out there to be giving your money away to a dealer.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The guy on the bike was sick. Perfect launch perfect wheelie all the way down the track.
Yea josh herrin is a talented rider, i think he was with bmw and then yamaha or kawi before going to duc. Met him at laguna seca, i think hes about 5’5.

I hope gm makes a ton of c8z’s kinda like ford with the gt350. That way they can be attainable by us ballers on a budget!

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
The guy on the bike was sick. Perfect launch perfect wheelie all the way down the track. If the c8 z06 could be purchased for sticker I would be trying real hard to get one. There is no way I am paying dealer markup on anything. There is to many cool cars out there to be giving your money away to a dealer.
There are several dealers selling at MSRP but their lists started 2+yrs ago in some cases and are several hundred customers long with no guarantees of getting an allocation anytime soon. Some people aren’t expecting a car for 2+yrs and placed deposits 2yrs ago.

Even Carmax is offering over sticker for used ones.

Users who are viewing this thread