Z06 under ADM Shelby close behind?

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
I know this is old news but ever since that GM announced the Z07 w/700hp it looks like Z06s are stacking up and ready to sell for 7k off. Ay least in Dallas.

FOMOCO already announced the new special ed. Shelby and it doesn't look like prices are dropping that quickly here in Houston or Dallas. These 07 cars may finally be at sticker when the new year model hits the show room floor next to them.

Fastfords

Established Member
Well, for one thing, Z06 is in it's second year of production (06,07) so that may cause sales to slow. I know someone that has one and he is number 2 on the list for the Blue Devil. If the prices I have heard for that car are even close I don't see how it will affect Z06 sales all that much. Anywhere from $100-150k is what I have heard. Kerbeck Chevrolet is supposed to be the nation's largest vette dealer so I would guess their prices would paint a good picture of the average?

I also don't know that at 1000 units on the KR that it will make much of a dent in the market for GT500's. I think everyone here assumes they will be next to impossible to get and the price will be somewhere near double what GT500's are being bought for. Given that some dealers are selling on ebay for $125k that should price most out of the running right off the bat.

Last edited:

poopeater

Established Member
Z06s have been at MSRP or slightly under now for quite some time, haven't they? ADMs didn't last very long on those cars.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
they've been at MSRP for a while now and i've seen $2000 and $4000 off MSRP for a couple of months.

bluestreak89

Established Member
Actually it's the third model year for the Z06 as the 08's are coming out now. And it realy did take a full two years for them to come down. Of course there are more being built than there will be shelby's (supposedly) there will ALWAYS be a Z06.

Seems as though dealers are going to sit on these forever instead of selling at MSRP. Banking on them becoming instant collector cars. If FOMOCO announces a few more years of production on the Shelby stangs prices will plumit.

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
If FOMOCO announces a few more years of production on the Shelby stangs prices will plumit.

This is what is really going to determine if MSRP or better ever really becomes a reality. If Ford makes the car again in 09 then, hopefully MSRP will become common place. If 08 is the last year... then MSRP will probably never become widespread like many are hoping for.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
blueovalkid said:
This is what is really going to determine if MSRP or better ever really becomes a reality. If Ford makes the car again in 09 then, hopefully MSRP will become common place. If 08 is the last year... then MSRP will probably never become widespread like many are hoping for.
I don't think it matters. If they built 9k in 07 and build a similar amount in 08 its certainly not all that limited. The fact the the 07s sitting right next to the 08s on the lot is what will do it, as the 07s will have already depreciated a good chunk.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
blueovalkid said:
Try telling that to a dealer with an 07 on his lot and see what he says.

I don't have to convinve the dealer as he already knows. Thats why they blow out all of the previous model year cars when the new MY arrives. I guess they aren't worried about it witht he shelby's though. Too many people just willing to throw money in the crapper.

Users who are viewing this thread