Yup, she's up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311665

After some critical thinking, debating with friends and family and some sleepless nights I've decided that I'll at least put the car out there and see what kind of interest there is in it.

I could really use the extra space at my place for my 1969 Firebird which because of my cobra is still sitting and waiting to be completed.

My decision here rests on the fact that mustangs (even Cobra's) are a dime a dozen. I can always go out at a later time when I have more room (a house is starting to look rather appealing over my condo) and pick up another Cobra at any time. It's not so easy to find a classic Firebird (especially the '69 model year).

I'm also going to be saving a couple hundred dollars a month in car payments and insurance going this route (putting the house even closer).

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Dude, youve got to be kidding me. Yeah, cobras in general may be a dime a dozen, but how many do you see that are electric green? I for one have never seen one besides mine. None. Not at cruise ins, not at mustang shows, or even on the road.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Sorry to hear, but the reality of finances can be that way. Do you have a d/d already? What are ya gonna do when start getttin' that open track jones?!

Good luck, either way!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Oh I'm not selling it for financial reasons per-se.

I can afford the car just fine and I don't "need" to purchase one dang thing more to finish up my firebird. I have zero space for my firebird though and unfortunately the place where it is being housed (my parents) is soon going up for sale so it's the Cobra or the Firebird.

Yes I have a daily driver, my 97 Tacomo does that job. Though I might sell it as well and purchase something that gets better fuel economy and has a warrenty. The pickup has 162K on it and maintenance on it is getting a little annoying.

As far as the open track jones goes, fortunate for me, the firebird is a pro-touring project.

When it's complete It will be every bit as capable on the track as my Cobra is.

Guldstrand modified stock arms in the front with delrin bushings, 800 lb/in AFCO coils on height adjusters, bilstein shocks, Guldstrand spec 350 lb/in leafs in teh rear. Hotchkis 1 1/4" hollow bar in the front. Willwood 13" 4 pots up front and 12" 2 pots in the rear.

Solid body mounts with DS&E sub-frame connectors, to stiffen the chassis. It's not a wild exotic setup like a 3 link or anything, but it's pretty much Trans AM spec and should perform well.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Yeah, but the cobra is a good looking car, the firebird isnt!

lol, jk, but do what you want...if you sell it, I'll buy your rims off of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread