yup, another spacer question

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
So i got the FR500s from American Muscle installed with longer studs and LFP 3/8" hub-centric spacers. Found out that one of the wheels had a slight wobble to it only noticeable at high speeds (and small enough that it is not noticeable while in the car)...seems that the hub portion of the spacer is causing the wheel to not sit flush. My mechanic spent a LONG time trying to diagnose it and finally came to this conclusion and backed it up with mentioning that they had the exact same problem with these wheels and spacers on an 03 a few months back and had to go with the simple flat spacers (not-hub centric) and safety issues were not really a concern now that i have stronger/longer studs. Which ones are recommended? Thanks for the help guys

Last edited:

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
What brand of spacer are you using? Something to note, I was having a similar problem, but it was due to the lug nuts backing off. You have to re torque them about 15 minutes after driving them. And, I would continue to check torque on them for a while. I check mine and it's been nearly 2 months and I still have one at least once a week need an extra little nudge.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
i am aware of the re-torque that is necessary when swapping wheels and that was the very first thing i checked even though i had already retorqued them prior to noticing this. I am currently running the LFP 3/8" hub-centric spacers and am looking to get the regular spacers, but didnt know if there was a certian brand that was better than another...

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I've had not trouble w/ my AFS wheels and the spacers but I do know they absolutely will not work on the front w/out creating said wobble.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I am running the same spacers and wheels as you and my wobble came from my lug nuts backing out daily. It took nearly a month for them to stop doing that.

er22bball0302

Established Member
I had the exact same problem the hub portion of the spacer would sit flush in the hud section of the wheel. I thought maybe i had a set of spacers that was a little off, but your the thrid person ive heard of to have that problem. I used a dremel and removed a little bit of material in the hub of the wheel.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
yea cant say i really want to take a dremel to my wheel man...

plus i dont want to go buy a dremel right now, $ flow = not so hot at the moment

would prefer a different set of spacers and then sell these

Users who are viewing this thread