YSI - on 03 cobra?

azimm1984

Established Member
Anyone have any info on how to put a ysi on an 03 cobra was hoping they sold a direct kit but do not see any

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Get a 96-01 timing cover, and a 01 Cobra intake.. everything else should bolt right up from Vortech for the kit iirc. you need all the accessories from a 96-01 Cobra though. Centri cars are awesome and if you can swing it it's worth it.. Most people do a Procharger setup because they make a bolt on kit..

stangfreak

Established Member
can I use the 03 intake with procharger upper so i can reuse stock intercooler?

Lots of threads on this. That whole bolt on procharger thing going to the stock 03 cobra intake just doesn't work. either a mach 1 setup or a 01 cobra intake. Its also best to go air to air. Do it right or else you will have ported eaton cobras keeping up with you.

azimm1984

Established Member
cool sounds good may be worth spending the money on an MMr intake or sullivan or something similar -

I am still a little confused on what kit to buy and parts needed to bolt the unit up my search time is very limited so if anyone has basic run down on parts would really appreciate it

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Lots of threads on this. That whole bolt on procharger thing going to the stock 03 cobra intake just doesn't work. either a mach 1 setup or a 01 cobra intake. Its also best to go air to air. Do it right or else you will have ported eaton cobras keeping up with you.

The whole ported eaton thing isn't true.. It'll just need 4.10's.. That's all. The very peaky power curve is awesome for racing you just need to gear it correctly.. Trust me I would know.. I've punted many 04 Cobra's making way more power than me

01yellercobra

Established Member
cool sounds good may be worth spending the money on an MMr intake or sullivan or something similar -

I am still a little confused on what kit to buy and parts needed to bolt the unit up my search time is very limited so if anyone has basic run down on parts would really appreciate it
Just get a Cobra or Mach intake. You don't need the race intake for a street car. If you get an 01 or Mach timing cover then you need a kit for those cars. The 96-99 use a different timing cover. So if you get a 96-99 timing cover you need the kit for those years. Some people prefer the 96-99 cover because of the three bolt tensioner and belt routing.

You'll also need the alternator to go with that intake. Everything runs off one belt.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
The whole ported eaton thing isn't true.. It'll just need 4.10's.. That's all. The very peaky power curve is awesome for racing you just need to gear it correctly.. Trust me I would know.. I've punted many 04 Cobra's making way more power than me

He was talking about if you were to try and utilize the stock air to water intercooler of an 03/04 cobra instead of using the more efficient air to air intercooler.

azimm1984

Established Member
Thanks for the tips still debating between a whipple and procharger also just like the YSI for some reason :D

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
He was talking about if you were to try and utilize the stock air to water intercooler of an 03/04 cobra instead of using the more efficient air to air intercooler.

Even then you would still be fine, would it cool as good as a A/A?? Probably not, but with gears that thing would fly..

azimm1984

Established Member
I do have a quick question about prchargers anyone know how much power can be made from the F1A non cog setup ? every search I look for just pulls up people with the COG I like the setup with it non cog and can run a nice inlet pipe and filter

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
If you have a 8 rib it should be able to make in the 900+ range.. The car won't make more power with a cog vise a non cog. It just prevents belt slip

Users who are viewing this thread